No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

No HoR team expected at Skhirat negotiations before Tuesday

byMichel Cousins
September 26, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald reporter.

Tunis, 25 September 2015:

The House of Representatives (HoR) is not expected to debate the latest UN-brokered Libya Draft . . .[restrict]before Monday or Tuesday at the very earliest, the HoR member for Abu Sleem, Saad Al-Marimi Al-Hashmi, has told the Libya Herald. The discussion which will include the HoR’s involvement in the process could even be the week after next, he said: everything would depend on when members returned to Tobruk after the Eid break. Some were out of the country, other on the Haj pilgrimage and it might be some time before they came back. The House would wait for all its attending members to return before discussing the matter, he said.

Only then might it send back its team to the negotiations in Skhirat, Morocco.

UN Special Envoy Bernardino Leon, however, has said that the absolute final draft of the Libya Dialogue agreement with all its annexes apart from the names of the five members of the presidency council would be presented to the delegates immediately after Eid which ends tomorrow, and has indicated that the negotiations would reconvene at the beginning of next week to choose the names.

RELATED POSTS

‘Mini-Meeting’ discusses first two steps of Libya’s UN Roadmap in its first meeting in Rome

UNSMIL calls for immediate release of political activist Mahdi Abdelati – arrested in Misrata

For his part, the president of the House of Representatives (HoR), Ageela Salah Gwaider, earlier this week said that the HoR currently had no representatives at Skhirat. HoR members have explained his statement to mean that the two members of the HoR team who stayed on in Skhirat after they were summoned back to Tobruk last week – Emhemed Shouaib and Abubakr Baera – were acting in a personal capacity not an official one.

The team, headed by Shouaib were called back after the HoR said it rejected any changes to the draft.

Meanwhile, the head of the “government” in Tripoli, Khalifa Ghwell, also hit out at the Dialogue this week, demanding it be halted while Khalifa Hafter continued military operations in Benghazi.

Moreover, according to Ashraf Al Shouh, who was political advisers for GNC delegation until he resigned last week, a majority of the 80 or so GNC members taking part in its proceedings still oppose the Dialogue despite support for it from the GNC’s negotiating team. [/restrict]

Tags: Bernardrno LeonGeneral National CongressHouse of RepresentativesKhalifa GhwellLibyaSkhiratUN dialogueUNSMIL

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

UPDATE: Salah Maskhout not killed in Tripoli attack; identity mix-up blamed

Sabratha revolutionaries threaten Tunisia if colleague not released

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.