No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 25, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan government signs media agreements with Malta

byMichel Cousins
October 26, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Ali Salem.

Tripoli, 26 October 2014:

TV and radio stations broadcasting to Libya to be set up in Malta according to Omar . . .[restrict]Al-Guweri, the head of the Media and Culture Authority. He was part of the delegation to Malta last week led by Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni for talks with the Maltese government and UN Special Representative Bernardino Leon as well as with the US Ambassador Deborah Jones.

Guwairi told the Libya Herald he signed a number of media agreements with the Maltese Minister for Home Affairs and National Security, Emmanuel Mallia, among them one to reactivate a radio station in Malta, closed since the revolution. There was also agreement to open an office for the state-owned Wataniya TV channel on the island.

Its Tripoli broadcasting offices have been taken over by Libya Dawn but it has now started rebroadcasting from Tobruk.

RELATED POSTS

Universal Air starts direct flights between Malta and Tripoli

23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

“We have a very good media facility in Malta but unfortunately it has been neglected,” Guwairi said of the radio station.

Malta and Libya had also agreed, he added, to ease the process for Libyan journalists to go to Malta. Likewise, he was looking to Maltese reporters to go to Libya to cover the news there.

“We have invited Malta to send its press to visit the government in Beida and the parliament in Tobruk, to give them the opportunity to observe their work,” he said, adding that the whole world was welcome to go and see what was happening.

The Media and Culture Authority replaced the ministries of information and culture in the recent cabinet reshuffle. It was one of a number of authorities set up following the HoR’s demand that the government contain just ten ministries. [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaMalta

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Deputy PM in UAE talks on support for Libya

Egypt may attack Libyan terror camps in revenge for Sinai soldier massacre

Top Stories

  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.