No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Man-Made River Authority continuing projects across Libya – raising productivity of water wells

byIbrahim Senusi
March 6, 2023
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Man-Made River Authority continuing projects across Libya – raising productivity of water wells

The Man-Made River Authority has initiated several projects on its lines including in some places where work had been suspended for the past ten years. These come within the start of implementing its plan to maintain some wells in water fields and valves that have been damaged or sabotaged (Photo: MMR).

Salah Al-Saadi, the Official Spokesperson for the Man-Made River Authority (MMR), told Libya Herald that the entity has initiated several projects on its Al-Hasawneh – Al-Jafara Plain – Al-Sirir – Al-Qardabiya – Sirte lines, where work had been suspended for the past ten years. These, he added, come within the MMR’s start of implementing its plan to maintain some wells in water fields and valves that have been damaged or sabotaged.

Dozens of valves serviced
Al-Saadi indicated that during the maintenance work on the eastern track of Al-Sarir – Benghazi and Al-Sarir – Sirte, water supply was stopped while the operation and maintenance teams carried out repair work with the mechanical components. These included the maintenance and dismantling of dozens of valves from the chambers, transporting them to the site, carrying out works to remove the old external paint, replacing internal spare parts, as well as cleaning the interior.

Using Libyan labour and contractors
Al-Saadi added that work is underway to resume work in the Ghadames-Zuwara-Al-Zawiya system, which was permanently suspended ten years ago. He said resumption of the project began with local labour and by contracting with private Libyan contracting companies after disbursing the necessary budget for the project, which is approximately 300 km long. The project includes the installation of pipes, valves, ground control rooms, and water pressure monitoring devices.

He pointed out that there are some cities located on this path that have not previously been supplied with the water of the Man-made River, including the Haraba plan, which starts from the Al-Juwaibiya reservoir south of the city of Nalut, which has a capacity of 70,000 cubic meters and reaches a length of 60 kilometres, passing through the areas of Awlad Mahmoud.

And Al-Majabra, Kabao, Tamzin, Tandemira, and Al-Haraba, and the percentage of completion in this line reached 90%.

RELATED POSTS

Man-made River Authority repairs 28 wells after electric shock puts all 34 operating water wells out of service

Tripoli’s Grand Water Reservoir: Aldabaiba to eliminate water scarcity by supporting development projects

To raise productivity in 2023 to 200,000 m3/day
With regard to the Al-Hasawneh-Sahl Al-Jafara system, Al-Saadi said that the Man-made River Authority has drawn up a plan to raise productivity for the year 2023 to more than 200,000 cubic meters per day, after the provision of the necessary needs for maintenance work to provide water supply.

He noted the support of the current Tripoli-based government for the MMR and the provision of part of the budgets required to complete projects to supply cities and villages with water.

Security is the guarantor of water supply
Al-Saadi also praised the role of the security services in limiting the repeated attacks on the MMR’s water supply lines.

He said that preserving the components of the man-made river water systems and preventing aggression against them is the real guarantor for the continued flow of water to cities without shortage or interruption.

Tags: MMR Man-Made RiverMMR Official Spokesperson Salah Saadi

Related Posts

LBC leading delegation to Miami for America’s Food and Beverage Show – 18 to 20 September
Business

LBC and Libyan African Council for Sub-Saharan Countries held its first official meeting – an action plan to enhance Libya’s economic presence in Africa is agreed

February 21, 2026
ESDF and subsidiary LIDCO hold meeting with KPMG to follow up on financial evaluation within ESDF’s programme for subsidiary companies
Business

LIDCO continues construction on 8,500 car multistorey carpark as part of Tripoli Gate 1 Project

February 21, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Business

Aldabaiba calls on CBL Governor to halt all 2026 project spending across Libya – until the newly US-brokered unified spending agreement is adhered to

February 21, 2026
Tripoli based Military Industries Organisation opens “Libyan Inventor” office
Business

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

February 20, 2026
Economy Ministry creating e-regulations website for registering companies
Business

One-Stop Shop system for company registration to be activated – again!

February 20, 2026
71 commercial vessels were received by the Julyana Free Zone Port in August
Business

Julyana Free Port meet high-level British delegation visiting Benghazi

February 20, 2026
Next Post
Libya Food expo opens with involvement of 200 local and foreign participants

Libya Food expo opens with involvement of 200 local and foreign participants

NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

Increased oil production operations will receive mixed funding: NOC

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.