No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Presidency Council suspends Foreign Minister Mangoush, Prime Minister objects to move as beyond their authority

bySami Zaptia
November 7, 2021
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Foreign Minister Najla Mangoush has been suspended by the Presidency Council, but the government has backed her to continue (Photo: GNU).

Tripoli, 7 November 2021:

The three-person Presidency Council of Libya yesterday suspended the country’s Foreign Minister Najla Mangoush from her post and barred her from travelling outside the country.

The Presidency Council said there will be an investigation into her administrative violations for acting unilaterally in foreign policy affairs without coordinating with the Presidency Council – as prescribed by the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum (LPDF)

An investigative committee to question Mangoush has been created which will submit its results within a maximum of 14 days.

RELATED POSTS

All recently clashing state and militia forces and their military vehicles will return to their barracks as of yesterday evening

Presidency Council decrees unconditional ceasefire, freezes all Aldabaiba Tripoli government’s recent military/security decrees

Meanwhile, the government has objected to the decision and given its full backing to Mangoush. In its statement, the Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba-led government statement said the Presidency Council were acting outside their authority as prescribed by the LPDF.

The government asked Mangoush to continue her important work with the same intensity, including towards achieving the 24 December elections.

On the other hand, Mangoush has denied that she had told the BBC in an interview earlier that the man wanted for questioning over the Lockerbie crisis (Abuajela Masoud) could be released or could be questioned, as some Libyan media outlets had reported.

She said that the matter is a legal issue for the Attorney General to decide.

Tags: featuredNajla Mangoush Foreign Minister GNUPresidency Council

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Candidacy registration for Libya’s presidential and parliamentary elections open today, parliamentary elections to take place 52 days after presidential elections

Aldabaiba says Libya’s telecom sector needs to end its monopoly position and open up to competition

Aldabaiba says Libya’s telecom sector needs to end its monopoly position and open up to competition

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.