No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Work continuing at the Al-Andalus Tourism Complex – part of the Four Points development

bySami Zaptia
February 4, 2025
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Phase one of the Al-Andalus Tourism Investment Complex needs to be completed by February 2025: Aldabaiba

Work at the Al-Andalus Tourism Investment Complex is progressing - first phase due to be completed by February 2025 (Photo: GNU).

The Tripoli based Libyan government says construction work is continuing at the Al-Andalus Tourist Complex, which had been suspended for 14 years. The complex includes the functioning (and Tunisian company managed) Four Points Hotel and another incomplete hotel (originally to be branded as a Sheraton hotel) – at the entrance of the Hay Al-Andalus district of Tripoli.

A long hiatus on construction projects after the 2011 revolution.
The Tripoli government says the commencement of development is part of its ‘‘Return to Life’’ plan, which aims to rehabilitate and develop infrastructure and development projects in various regions of Libya.

This comes after a long hiatus for most of the period from the 2011 revolution that ended the 42-year Qaddafi regime. Most foreign contractors fled Libya because of the violent 2011 revolution and the subsequent on-off civil wars, skirmishes and militia clashes – leaving thousands of projects stalled.

The Tripoli government said this project is 90 percent complete and is among its initiatives aimed at revitalizing the tourism and investment sector, through the establishment of modern facilities that provide an integrated tourism environment, thus contributing to enhancing economic movement.

Besides the two hotels, the Al-Andalus Tourist Complex is to include a yacht marina, a shopping centre, cafes and restaurants, luxury apartments/aparthotels.

RELATED POSTS

Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

The government has been identifying projects for the immediate recommencement of their development that it deems as ”strategic” and high profile and that are near completion. Nevertheless, these ”show” projects are a minority with thousands of projects still stranded due to lack of funds or legal disputes with foreign contractors.

 

Aldabaiba follows up on 52 projects in 2025 – including in infrastructure, transport and health

Tripoli’s Grand Water Reservoir: Aldabaiba to eliminate water scarcity by supporting development projects

Tripoli government follows up on unfinished Islamic Call Society’s commercial and entertainment complex project

China’s OVM celebrates its contribution in Libyan construction projects, including Third Ring Road

Tags: Al-Andalus Tourism Investment Complex projectconstruction investment projectsproject projects

Related Posts

State sectors in east to form unified e-window for speedier procedures
Business

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

February 17, 2026
Customs Authority uncovers 11 companies involved in illicit use of Letters of Credit exceeding US$ 54 million
Business

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

February 17, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Business

After a 10-year hiatus, CT scan service at Tripoli Children’s Teaching Hospital restarted

February 17, 2026
Libya considering ways of recovering its outstanding loans to African states
Business

LFB recovering funds in several locations secretly to protect the funds and process: LFB Chairman Addarrat

February 17, 2026
Zueitina Oil Co. successfully tests new B1-106/4 well with production rate exceeding 3,000 bpd
Business

Zueitina Oil discusses technical cooperation with US-based BlueVee Energy to develop gas processing solutions for Field 103D

February 17, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

February 16, 2026
Next Post
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September

UNSMIL announces the establishment of the 20-member Advisory Committee, reveals names

Benghazi’s Julyana Free Port increases shipping traffic: 43 ships docked in January

Benghazi’s Julyana Free Port increases shipping traffic: 43 ships docked in January

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.