No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Zawia Public Prosecutor orders detention of militia commander guarding Zawia refinery for fuel smuggling

bySami Zaptia
August 13, 2023
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement

(Logo: Libya's Attorney General)

The Attorney General’s Office announced today that the Zawia Public Prosecutor has ordered the detention, pending further investigation, of the Commander of the Isnad Company in charge of protecting the Zawia Refinery. He is accused of fuel smuggling. It also announced the prosecution of administration and security officials involved in fuel smuggling at the refinery.

The Attorney General’s Office said the action comes within continuing measures aimed at responding to the negative reactions to the national economy. But, it added, it also follows on from the outcome of the meeting (last month) of the Attorney General with the Chairman of the National Oil Corporation (NOC), the commanders of the Western Coast Military Zone and the 52nd Infantry Brigade.

Giving further background to the case, the Attorney General’s Office explained that the NOC management has taken measures to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the Zawia Oil Refining Company and support the missions of guarding and securing the company’s facilities. This was done through the reconstitution of its board of directors was and handing over the responsibility for guarding of the refinery to the members of the Western Coast Military Zone and the 52nd Infantry Brigade.

The Attorney General’s Office also said procedures have also been taken to block the distribution tools that were used in the fuel smuggling activity.

 

RELATED POSTS

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

Attorney General’s Office arrests 39 in Zawia area for murder, kidnapping and banditry (libyaherald.com)

Attorney General takes measures to combat Zawia refinery fuel smuggling through security apparatus (libyaherald.com)

Six Sahary Bank officials jailed for defrauding the bank of LD 1.5 million (libyaherald.com)

Public Prosecutor detains Ministry of Agriculture official for forging ownership documents for publicly owned woodlands (libyaherald.com)

Attorney General detains former Libyan diplomat at Egyptian embassy for misappropriating ‘‘millions’’ of pounds (libyaherald.com)

 

Tags: AG Attorney General PPO Public Prosecutors Officedetention arrest imprisonmentfuel smugglingmilitia militiassecurityZawia refinery

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Eastern CBL to investigate Libyan banks’ problems with Turkish letters of guarantee

CBL east holds conference on future development of Libyan banking system

NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

NOC invites Libyan private sector to bid for tenders to develop marginal fields

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.