No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Increased oil production operations will receive mixed funding: NOC

bySami Zaptia
March 6, 2023
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

(Logo: NOC).

Libya’s projects to increase oil production will receive mixed funding, a National Oil Corporation (NOC) Director told Libya Herald.

Commenting exclusively to Libya Herald, Abdel Nasser Ben Zaytoun, Director of the Exploration Department at the NOC, explained that the NOC is working on a plan to increase production to 2 million bpd, and that part of the plan was funded directly by the government with the support of the Central Bank of Libya, and part will be funded through investments in infrastructure through financial institutions such as the LIA and another part from foreign partners. He would not specify which foreign partners.

Ben Zaytoun was referring to the meeting held at the headquarters of the NOC on 27 February, which included the Exploration Department and officials of Italy’s Eni and Britain’s BP (via video link) in the presence of representatives of the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA). The meeting was to discuss exploration programmes for 2023-2028,

Eni to resume as exploration operator in three regions
Ben Zaytoun said that an agreement had been signed earlier with Eni and BP, according to which the Italian company would work as an operator to resume exploration work in three regions in Libya. These were two exploration areas in Breteen in the Ghadames Basin and a marine area (which he would not specify) in the Sirte Basin. These, he explained, had a total area of 54,000 square kilometres, and were a joint investment with the LIA.

Libya needs to invest US$ 4 billion annually to maintain production
The NOC Director of the Exploration Department referred to the spending with Eni and BP to start drilling operations in large areas of the Mediterranean region and for large quantities of gas. He reiterated that Eni will pump investments worth 8 billion dollars to develop gas fields in the west of the country.

RELATED POSTS

LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

ENI, in partnership with BP, NOC and LIA, commences drilling of deepwater exploration well in Gulf of Sirte

He also reiterated NOC chairman Bengdara’s statement that Libya needs investments worth 4 billion dollars annually to maintain the volume of its oil production, with the aim of modernizing the infrastructure and developing services in the oil fields.

Overcome the difficulties and remove the obstacles
Ben Zaytoun noted that the NOC-LIA-Eni-BP meeting aimed to overcome the difficulties and remove obstacles that may be encountered during the implementation of several projects contracted with the foreign partners, while studying the financial aspects and the time period specified for the completion of these programmes.

 

NOC announces strategic plan, includes training, renewables, and increased production to 2 million bpd (libyaherald.com)

Tags: Abdel Nasser Ben ZaytounBPDirector of the Exploration Department at the NOCEniFarhat Bengdara NOC chairman July 2022LIA Libyan Investment Authority

Related Posts

State sectors in east to form unified e-window for speedier procedures
Business

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

February 17, 2026
Customs Authority uncovers 11 companies involved in illicit use of Letters of Credit exceeding US$ 54 million
Business

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

February 17, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Business

After a 10-year hiatus, CT scan service at Tripoli Children’s Teaching Hospital restarted

February 17, 2026
Libya considering ways of recovering its outstanding loans to African states
Business

LFB recovering funds in several locations secretly to protect the funds and process: LFB Chairman Addarrat

February 17, 2026
Zueitina Oil Co. successfully tests new B1-106/4 well with production rate exceeding 3,000 bpd
Business

Zueitina Oil discusses technical cooperation with US-based BlueVee Energy to develop gas processing solutions for Field 103D

February 17, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

February 16, 2026
Next Post
“Digital Lab” training to support Libya’s digital transformation and innovation launched

"Digital Lab" training to support Libya’s digital transformation and innovation launched

Third Libya Forum and Exhibition for Education and Training opens in Tripoli Sports City

Third Libya Forum and Exhibition for Education and Training opens in Tripoli Sports City

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.