No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 25, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan government lost confidence because it initiated long term agreements and deviated from agreed upon tasks: HoR Spokesperson

bySami Zaptia
September 22, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

(Logo: Tobruk HoR).

London, 22 September 2021:

The reason the Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba Libyan government lost yesterday’s parliamentary (House of Representatives – HoR) vote-of-no-confidence was that it deviated from its tasks, HoR Official Spokesperson Abdalla Belheeg said yesterday.

The HoR purportedly voted 89 out of the 113 members present against the government. Spokesperson Belheeg claimed that another 11 members who were not physically present had voted against the government, but that their votes were not added to 89.

‘‘The decision (to withdraw confidence) is related to stopping long-term agreements or any measures that would deviate from the government’s tasks that were agreed upon even before it was chosen, which is the unification of state institutions, achieving justice among Libyans, providing the daily needs of the citizen, preparing for the elections on their scheduled date, 24 December 2021’’

RELATED POSTS

Military Intelligence Chiefs Conference for the Sahel and Mediterranean countries 2026 held in Tripoli

Aldabaiba instructs CBL to terminate Arkenu Oil Company’s oil sales agreement

‘‘This was confirmed by Speaker Ageela Saleh, Speaker of the House of Representatives and Members of the House in the session granting confidence to the government – which the government has not adhered to’’.

Aldabaiba and his government to continue in office

Belheeg said that the government is to continue its work in meeting the needs of the citizen, and that there is no truth in what is being rumoured about stopping the Marriage Grant for Youth, the Wife and Children Grant, or anything related to the citizen’s interests and needs.

He added that the Aldabaiba government is an interim government, and these goals were established for it, and not as it has been doing during the past months, by signing long-term agreements or development work and other expenses that approached LD 50 billion in light of the deterioration of services than before, such as electricity, health and others.

The Official Spokesperson concluded that the government continues its work as a caretaker government and the decision has nothing to do with citizen services and any decisions that serve them.

Tags: 24 December 2021 electionsAbd Alhamid aldabaiba pm GNU Government of National UnityAgeela SalehfeaturedHoR House of RepresentativesHoR official spokesman Abdalla Belheegvote of no confidence

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Aldabaiba bullish in continuing in government until delivery of elections – attacks the evil obstructers who want war and destruction: Report and analysis

Aldabaiba bullish in continuing in government until delivery of elections - attacks the evil obstructers who want war and destruction: Report and analysis

BREAKING: Hafter steps down temporarily as Commander-in-Chief from 23 September to 24 December – in preparation for elections?

BREAKING: Hafter steps down temporarily as Commander-in-Chief from 23 September to 24 December – in preparation for elections?

Top Stories

  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.