By Sami Zaptia.
London, 26 August 2021:
Twenty-eight eastern-based members of the House of Representatives (HoR) called yesterday for a vote of no-confidence in the Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba-led Libyan government.
The call comes on the back of the government being called for questioning by the HoR on 30 August.
The members said that after the passage of three-quarters of the time that it is expected to remain in office (until 24 December 2021), the Aldabaiba government:
- Failed to provide the most basic of services to the public
- Failed to unify state institutions
- Mistreats the eastern region
- Has become partisan rather than acting as government of all Libya
- Centralizing power in Tripoli
- Divisive and representing interest groups in Tripoli
- Failed to implement LPDF’s Roadmap
- Controlled by politicised money
The bloc are calling for a new ‘‘real’’ unifying prime minister and government.
Libya’s parliament and government are falling out: Analysis | (libyaherald.com)
HoR: No sessions to debate 2021 budget this week, government summoned for questioning on 30 August | (libyaherald.com)