No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC lifts force majeure on oil ports

bySami Zaptia
July 12, 2018
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia. 

NOC TOTAL LOGOS 4 EN                                      

Lugano, 11 July 2018:

Libya’s National Oil Corporation (NOC) has announced the lifting of force majeure in the ports of Ras Lanuf, Es Sider, Hariga and Zuetina after it reported that ‘‘the facilities were handed over to the corporation this morning’’. It said that oil production and export operations would return to ‘‘normal levels within the next few hours’’.

The NOC had announced force majeure on 2 July in response to Khalifa Hafter and his LNA handing over the oil facilities in the eastern oil crescent to the eastern-based NOC. This came o the back of the LNA recapturing the oil crescent after Ibrahim Jadran had captured them on 14 June.

RELATED POSTS

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

The move had been widely condemned by the international community.

In its statement, the NOC said that its chairman, Mustafa Sanalla, and members of its board of directors ‘‘commended the Libyan National Army General Command for putting the national interest first’’. They also thanked ‘‘the Presidency Council, the House of Representatives, the Higher Council of State, and members of the international community for their efforts to resolve the crisis’’. The NOC statement quoted chairman Mustafa Sanalla saying, “We need a proper national debate on the fair distribution of oil revenues. It is at the heart of the recent crisis. The real solution is transparency, so I renew my call on the responsible authorities, the Ministry of Finance and Central Bank, to publish budgets and detailed public expenditure. Libyan citizens should be able to see how every dinar and fil of their oil wealth is spent. I will work with other national stakeholders to enhance transparency and resolve this crisis – for the benefit of all our citizens.”

The return of the oil crescent by Khalifa Hafter and the LNA to the Tripoli-based NOC comes on the back of concerted international pressure.

But domestically, it also comes on the back of Faiez Serraj, the head of the Presidency Council, issuing a statement today calling on the UN Security Council to form an international technical committee, on an urgent basis, under the auspices of the UN, with the assistance of specialized international, financial and economic organizations, to review all income, expenses and transactions of the Central Bank of Libya in Tripoli and in Beida.

This call by Serraj was aimed at satisfying Hafter in response to his accusation that the Tripoli CBL was financing terrorists, including Ibrahim Jadran.

The action is aimed at achieving ‘‘the principle of impartiality and transparency and to face a very serious situation’’, the Presidency Council statement said.

The Presidency Council added that this move was in the public interest, clarifying the reality of the financial situation for all and the expenditure of the previous period of any institution without exception. The move will contribute to the consolidation of the country’s financial and economic institutions on a sound basis, enhance confidence in the functioning of these institutions, improve the economy of the country and support stability, the statement concluded.

The Tripoli CBL has welcomed Serraj’s call for the formation of an audit committee.

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/06/29/international-community-oppose-oil-exports-by-eastern-based-noc/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/06/26/lna-explains-reasons-for-handing-over-oil-crescent-to-eastern-noc/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/06/25/breaking-lna-to-hand-over-oil-crescent-to-benghazi-based-noc/

 

 

Tags: featuredField Marshal Khalifa Hafterforce majeureIbrahim JadranLNA Libyan National ArmyNOC National Oil Corporation

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post

CBL latest financial statement shows increased oil revenues for first half of 2018

Sharara oilfield armed attack leads to 160,000-barrel per day production loss: NOC

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.