No Result
View All Result
Saturday, August 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

LNA will go to Tripoli says Mismari, accuses negotiators in Tunis of extending the crisis

byMichel Cousins
October 27, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
LNA will go to Tripoli says Mismari, accuses negotiators in Tunis of extending the crisis

Colonel Ahmed Mismari at press ocfernce in Al-Abyar

By Maha Ellawati.

Colonel Ahmed Mismari at press ocfernce in Al-Abyar
Colonel Ahmed Mismari at the press conference in Al-Abyar (Photo: LNA)

Benghazi, 27 October 2017:

The Libyan National Army (LNA) had set a six-month deadline for negotiations to resolve the country’s crisis but if they fail, it would move on Tripoli. Speaking in Al-Abyar on Wednesday at a press conference, the  LNA’s spokesman, Colonel Ahmed Mismari, claimed that the army was now preparing to go to the capital and that people there were happy to welcome it.

“We have a strategy to end this crisis,” he said at the conference at which attendance was limited to the military.

The army would not allow the present chaos in Tripoli to continue, he added. Having defeated terrorism in Benghazi, the west of the country was now an LNA operational area and preparations were being made for what he called “the next phase”.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The next battle, he said, would be “the decisive battle for the Libyan army”.

Suggesting that nothing was expected from the current political dialogue, he accused the negotiators from the House of Representatives and the State Council who have been meeting in Tunis of protracting the crisis. They were sitting in hotels talking about the crisis while Libyans suffered, he said.

There were also those who were happily prolonging the crisis for personal gain, he claimed, accusing them of betraying the country. As a result, foreign powers such as Qatar as well as criminals and terrorists had been able to exploit the situation. Foreign countries were trying to extend their control and influence over Libya through puppets in Libya, he said.

Only the Libyan army, not the politicians, could ensure safety and security in Libya and create a stable state respected by others.

Mismari laid stress on cooperating with what was described as neighbouring countries and other Arab armed forces, as well as with Europe, to devise a long-term strategy to crush terrorism and, in particular in Libya’s case, to prevent them taking over the oil fields or carrying out bombing and assassination campaigns.

The neighbouring and Arab countries he was referring to are thought to be Egypt and the UAE.

Mismari also suggested links between organised crime in Libya and in Italy, with illegal immigrants being murdered in Libya for body parts then sold in Italy; he mentioned Bangladeshis in particular being killed. He spoke of fuel smuggling, too, and referred to the possibility that the murder of Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia 11 days ago was linked to he smuggling of oil from Libya.

The speech was Mismari’s first public statement since returning to Libya a fortnight ago following a major working tour that took him to Tunis, Moscow, Cairo and the UAE.

Tags: Ahmed MismarifeaturedLibyaLibyan National Army

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

IS claims responsibility for Ajdabiya attack

Water to Tripoli still cut despite efforts to end crisis

Water to Tripoli still cut despite efforts to end crisis

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.