No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

LNA in Derna attacks, three mujahideen reported killed

byMichel Cousins
June 10, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

Benghazi, 10 June 2017:

The Libyan National army has confirmed that forces belonging to it Omar Mukhtar Oprations Room had carried out a series of raids in Derna yesterday against the pro-Islamist forces of the Derna Mujahideen Shoura Council.

According to Colonel Ahmed Mismari, the LNA’s official spokesman, there were three attacks, all ground-based. No air strikes were involved, he insisted.

The first, he said, was against a media/information centre being used by the local “Abusleem Brigade”, which is part of the DMSC. Also targeted was a police checkpoint, which he said was completely destroyed. The third target was a clothes factory on the east coast road. It was being used as an arms and munitions store, he claimed. It too was completely destroyed.

RELATED POSTS

Eastern Libyan government engages Turkish company to assess safety of dams

Libya’s Derna flood response cost lives – independent investigation needed: HRW

The operation had been “very rapid”, “very successful” with “very few forces” being involved, he said.

“We know that a number of [DMSC] men were killed and injured in the fighting” he added, but noting that the LNA forces had quickly pulled out after the attacks and so did not know how many casualties they had inflicted. However, he said that he had since heard that the DMSC lost three men.

On Thursday, the chief of staff, Major General Abdul Razzak Al-Nazhuri, who is also military commander from Ben Jawad to Derna, discussed the security situation in the town as well as other issues with the man he has just appointed to act as its mayor, Ahmida Trabah.

Trabah replaces Nazhuri’s earlier appointment, Hamad Miftah Shalawi.

Tags: Ahmed MismariDernaLibyaLNA

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post
Benghazi policeman is mastermind behind car thefts says criminal investigation department

Benghazi policeman is mastermind behind car thefts says criminal investigation department

War-torn Sirte still struggling to survive

War-torn Sirte still struggling to survive

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

LBC and Libyan African Council for Sub-Saharan Countries held its first official meeting – an action plan to enhance Libya’s economic presence in Africa is agreed

LIDCO continues construction on 8,500 car multistorey carpark as part of Tripoli Gate 1 Project

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.