No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Hariga strike forces Sarir oilfield shutdown

byNigel Ash
July 19, 2016
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

rp_oil-pump-fil-1024x671.jpg

Benghazi, 18 July 2016:

The latest strike by workers at the Hariga oil terminal has forced the closure of the Sarir oil field. The loss of its 100,000 b/d production is likely to be followed by a production halt at the 70,000 b/d Messla field, which also uses the 400 km pipeline to Hariga.

The industrial action in the form of a sit-in at the export terminal is reported to have been caused by unpaid salaries. However it is also being said that Petroleum Facilities Guards are involved.

RELATED POSTS

Sarir Refinery returns to production after completing major overhaul

Two Libyans and five expatriates detained for deliberately falsifying civil status data in Tobruk

Either way, some 170,000 b/d of oil production is likely to be lost, because the tank farms at Hariga are already full.

NOC subsidiary, the Arabian Gulf Oil Company (AGOCO) said that an Italian-bound tanker with 600,000 barrels aboard had been stopped from leaving the terminal. This suggests that tugboat crews and pilots, whose use is compulsory, are supporting the strike. However, tonight there is no sign of any tanker actually at the terminal, according to charts generated by MarineTraffic.com. The only tanker standing off Tobruk is the Panangia Armata, described as a product carrier.

Hariga has endured a series of stoppages since the Revolution. The last was in May when the Eastern branch of NOC blocked the loading of a Maltese tanker. Earlier interruptions to the terminal’s 24-hour operations have generally been because workers or guards have not been paid.

Tags: AGOCOfeaturedHarigaLibyaMesslaNOCsarirshut downstrikeTobruk

Related Posts

Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Next Post
Mass grave found in Ajdabiya

Mass grave found in Ajdabiya

HoR bloc lashes out at Kobler, the Dialogue, the PC and the State Council

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.