The EU delegation to Libya is to run an online photo competition for . . .[restrict]Libyan participants during Ramadan during which time, people will be invited to share photographs demonstrating their understanding of the principles of peace, forgiveness and sharing that mark the holy month.
Each week will commemorate a specific theme: youth, family, culture and reconciliation.
The German broadcasting organisation Deutsche Welle is providing technical support.
According to the EU delegation, the first stage will start on 5 June, at one minute past midnight, when the subject of the week will be announced. Participants are then asked to start sending their photos through comments or posting them directly on the competition’s Facebook page. Each stage will last seven days until the end of Ramadan.
The two photographs with the highest number of likes each week will be selected and the eight final winners will be invited to a five-days training course on photo journalism. The selected photos will also be shown in photo exhibitions organised by the EU.
- Fans can vote for their favourite photos online on the competition’s Facebook page.
- All of the entries will be uploaded to an album on Facebook and users can mark their favourites by clicking the “like” button.
- Voting will close on the day stated for each phase of the competition.
- After the closing date of every phase, the two most liked images will be named as the winners. Organisers will count votes to select the first two winners.
- The contest is open to all Libyans.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry per person per week.
- Each image can only be entered only once. Duplicates will be removed.
- Computer-generated or computer-altered images will not be accepted. Artwork and illustrations will not be accepted.
- The image must be your original work, you must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images you entered.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Photos containing elements that may be offensive in any way will not be accepted.
- Use of false names will result in disqualification, nick-names are not accepted.
- The entrant(s) must be Libyan and aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
Photo Competition Platform
Participants can access the Photo Competition through the following: https://www.facebook.com/photo.competition.DW.EU.LY/
The contestants will post their competition entries directly on the competition’s Facebook wall.
The photos from each week will be saved in an album on the Facebook page containing all the competition entries.
Fans have to go to the photo album to vote for their favorite entry by clicking the ‘’Like’’ button.