No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

BMC again hit in apparent deliberate targeting

byMichel Cousins
June 2, 2016
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
BMC again hit in apparent deliberate targeting

asd

By Maha Ellawati.

asd
Wrecked cars at Benghazi Medical Centre following today’s mortar attack (Photo: BMC)

Benghazi, 2 June 2016:

Benghazi Medical Centre (BMC) again came under mortar fire today, with shells landing in the car . . .[restrict]park near the morgue, destroying at least three cars but causing no human injuries.

At first it was thought that there had been a suicide attack, because one car caught fire and exploded, with the result that all roads to the hospital were blocked off and no one allowed into the hospital.

Shells have been landing almost every day at the BMC. These previously thought to be randomly fired by militants but it is firmly believed that today’s shelling was deliberate. According to an LNA source, it happened as the body of Colonel Ali Murtaja Al-Tawerghi, killed in a mine explosion yesterday, was being taken from the morgue for burial.

RELATED POSTS

First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

China’s Ambassador to Libya visits Benghazi on the inauguration of China’s COSCO direct shipping line to the city

It is thought that Saiqa commander Wanis Bukhamada may have been the target. He is said to have been involved in transporting the body to the cemetery.

It is also now believed that many of the previous shelligns were also deliberate.

Following the attack, UN Special Envoy Martin Kobler again spoke os war crimes, saying that those responsible “must face justice”. Both sides in the conflict must protect hospitals, he tweeted.

Last week, he also described earlier attacks on the BMC as a war crime.

Shells have continue to land elsewhere in the city on a daily basis.

Yesterday, one landed in the Sidi Hussein injuring four civilians. They were taken to Jalaa Hospital with shrapnel wounds. None was said to be seriously injured. [/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziBenghazi Medical CentreBMCfeaturedLibya

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Last seven days of May were deadliest for migrant deaths at sea from Libya

Last seven days of May were deadliest for migrant deaths at sea from Libya

Now, LD 112 million new ‘’British’’ bank notes arrive in Tripoli

Now, LD 112 million new ‘’British’’ bank notes arrive in Tripoli

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.