No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Gatrani warns Serraj to “return to the right path”: report

byNigel Ash
March 24, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

Ali Gatrani who today pulled out as a deputy prime minister (Photo: social media)
Ali Gatrani warns Serraj to take the “right” path (Photo: Social media)

Tunis, 23 March 2016:

Deputy premier-designate Ali Gatrani is reported to have said that he will return to the . . .[restrict]Government of National Accord (GNA) once prime minister-designate Faiez Serraj “returns to the right path”.

Gatrani has walked out of the Presidency Council three times, first in January and and most recently last month, principally in disagreement over the control of the military.  Seen as an ally of Libyan armed forces commander-in-chief Khalifa Hafter, Gatrani has since claimed that the GNA is controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Beida-based news agency LANA has said that Gatrani had written to Serraj warning that the GNA had to be approved by the House of Representatives (HoR) in a formal vote, not by some “rigged” resolution made by a group of members operating outside of the parliament.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The HoR has continuously failed to vote on the GNA since February, because it has generally been inquorate. Additionally, its president, Ageela Saleh has maintained that he must be present for the vote. He has, however, found himself embarking on a series of foreign trips, the latest of which today saw him in the UAE. Here, according to the Emirates news agency WAM, he discussed “bilateral relations” with UAE deputy premier, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan. He is widely expected to be named by the EU as one of three people (the others being Nuri Abu Sahmain  and Khalifa Ghwell) to be sanctioned for blocking the UN’s Libya settlement.

In his letter, Gatrani is also said to have repeated his claim that Serraj is not really interested in building a strong army and police to protect the country. Instead, he claimed, the GNA in its eagerness to get to Tripoli was negotiating its security with militias. These, he continued, were the same militias which had supported and continued to support terrorism. [/restrict]

Tags: Ali GatranifeaturedGNAHoRLibyaSerraj

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post
Still “too early” for Benghazi reconstruction: top housing official

Still “too early” for Benghazi reconstruction: top housing official

Beida government tells Marj municipal council to restart work and accept oldest councillor as acting mayor

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.