By Libya Herald reporter.
Tunis, 29 December 2015:
The Tripoli-based General National Congress (GNC) has today launched an alternative ‘‘Libyan-Libyan’’ proposal to the UN-brokered Libyan Political Agreement and its Government of National Accord (GNA) signed in Morocco’s Skhirat on 17th December.
The GNC proposal launched today at a press conference was the product of its recently formed Political Committee. It proposes that:
– A new temporary legislative body is formed of GNC members and supported by a 100 tribal leaders and Municipality Councils from the east of Libya.
– The new temporary legislative body would operate within the Transitional Constitutional Declaration until new elections take place and a constitution is drafted.
– A committee to monitor the Central Bank of Libya would be formed from within this new legislative body.
– There would be a reorganization and re-formation of the army.
– The enrolment of militiamen into the army individually (not as militia units) would be carried out.
– It would fight terrorism.
– The proposal also suggests a reduced government of the following 12 ministries:
1-Oil and Gas
11-Awqaf (Endowment) and Islamic Affairs
12-Interior and Immigration
The GNC-launched political agreement is a minority supported alternative to that launched by the UN-brokered majority members of the House of Representatives and majority members of the GNC. its main backers are GNC president Nuri Abu Sahmain and HoR president Ageela Salah. [/restrict]