No Result
View All Result
Saturday, May 23, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Clashes in west Tripoli between Libya Dawn forces: report

byMichel Cousins
September 10, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Clashes in west Tripoli between Libya Dawn forces: report

Part of t disturbances in Tripoli today (Photo:social media)

By Ajnadin Mustafa.

Part of t disturbances in Tripoli today (Photo:social media)
Part of t disturbances in Tripoli today (Photo:social media)

Tripoli, 27 July 2015:

Heavy clashes in the west Tripoli suburb of Siyahiya today between members of the Mobile Forces, based . . .[restrict]in Janzour, and of the Islamist-leaning Abu Obeida militia from Zawia are reported to have resulted in two fighters being killed and six wounded.

Both groups continue to be members of the otherwise fracturing Libya Dawn alliance.

The fighting appears to have been triggered by an argument between the two at a checkpoint on the roundabout at the end of the Tripoli highway, to the east of Janzour. It is manned by the Mobile Forces. The argument soon degerated into fighting which then spread as far as the Regatta club, until last year controlled by Zintani forces but now in the hands of the Zawians. Roads were closed and local residents rushed to their homes as both sides started using anti-aircraft fire and RPGs against each other.

RELATED POSTS

Demonstrations continue in Zawia for the second day in a row against all incumbent political entities as standards of living continue to diminish

Presidency Council Head commits to transparency, disclosure, oversight – cutting off system of bribery, brokerage, and unregulated spending

The wounded were taken to different hospitals in the capital, including Abu Sleem Hospital, but a breakdown of the casualty figures – who was wounded and from which side – has not yet been given.

Meanwhile, in a further sign of the splits within Libya Dawn, Zawia municipal council has accused Misrata and some of its brigades of responsibility for the deteriorating security situation on the coastal road west of the capital.  In a statement on Saturday, it said that they had allowed Warshefani and Zintani forces, which it described as being pro-Qaddafi, to take over sections of the road. As a result, it claimed, there had been a rise of criminal attacks on vehicles. 

It specifically accused Misrata’s Halbous brigade of agreeing a ceasefire with the Warshefana and Zintan and pulling out forces without consulting with its Libyan Dawn allies.

Fighting in Siyahiya was said this evening to have died down. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredJanzourLibyawarshefanaZawiaZintan

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Justice Ministry denounces Tripoli trial of Qaddafi regime figures

CDA member attacked in Sebha

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.