No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Red Crescent to provide airlift of aid for displaced families in south

byNewsdesk2
February 1, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Jamal Adel.

Kufra, 31 January 2015:

The Red Crescent, in partnership with the government-owned General Telecommunications Company, is to launch an airlift of . . .[restrict]food and medical aid to benefit displaced families in southern Libya.

The Red Crescent has said that approximately 2,000 families around Obari, Murzuk, Sebha and Ghat had been displaced due to tribal clashes between the Tebu and the Tuareg.

According to local media, the airlift will land at Ghat Airport, as well as the airport used by the oil company Repsol and the one at the El Fil oilfield.

RELATED POSTS

Ghat-Ubari road project site officially handed over to Egyptian consortium

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

Meanwhile, the warring Tuaregs and Tebus in Obari are refusing to lay down their weapons although at the moment there is an uneasy calm between both sides..

Fighting erupted in Obari in early September between the Tebu-controlled joint-security room and Tuaregs initially from outwith the town. Since then the two communities found themselves supporting opposing camps – the Tuaregs largely with Libya Dawn and the Tebus with Operation Dignity, although Tuaregs in the town tried to stay neutral.

As a result both Tuareg and Tebu families have been evacuated from Obari;  mediation efforts repeatedly came to nothing. The death toll in the town as a result of clashes has been put at 95 deaths with hundreds wounded. The town now remains almost empty, with almost no food supplies and no electricity .

The Tuaregs fighters are now reportedly besieged in the nearby the Tendi mountain. The Tebus have constantly been unable to defeat them, although, according to locals, the Tuaregs on Tendi are running out of ammunition and supplies.

Local elders are relaunching their mediation efforts. However, the Tebus are said to be unresponsive to such moves. [/restrict]

Tags: Ghatinternally displaced peopleLibyaLibyan Red CrescentMurzukObariSabhaTebutuareg

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post
EU provides legal and technical advice for CDA at workshop

EU provides legal and technical advice for CDA at workshop

Jordanian embassy attacked: report

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.