No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Air attacks continue in west

byMichel Cousins
November 27, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Aznadin Mustafa.

Tripoli, 27 November 2014:

Libyan Air Force jets operating out of a base controlled by Zintani units today again targeted Libya . . .[restrict]Dawn forces. They attacked a camp in Gharian and a second in Zultan, west of Zuwara, according to Zintan Operations Room (ZOR). It is not known if there were any casualties at either Gharian’s Camp 523, said to be occupied by the Abu Ghilan brigade, or the Zultan base, although in the case of the latter ambulances were reported to have rushed there following the raid.

Both attacks have been confirmed on social media sites by Libya Dawn supporters, although the Zultan attack was initially reported as being at Abu Khammash, just kilometres away from the Tunisian border.

Yesterday, the mayor of the Amazigh town of Zuwara, which supports Libya Dawn, said that a military plane had fired a missile at farmland east of the town. This has been denied by the ZOR which claimed that no sorties were made yesterday because of a lack of aviation fuel. There was, however, a delivery later in the day yesterday which was why, the ZOR official told the Libya Herald today, the two bombing raids had taken place.

RELATED POSTS

Libya and Italy discuss establishment of the Libyan Italian Vocational Training Centre in Zuwara

Four Zuwara Coast Guard officials detained for illegal immigration activity

The same official also insisted that a military aircraft had been flown to Bani Walid airbase to be used against Misrata airport. However, the assistant commander at the airbase, Colonel Omar Abdullah, has been reported by Buwabat Al-Wasat denying this. The airbase no longer possessed the technology or the communications for military to use it and the runway was too short, he claimed.  The only planes at Bani Walid, he insisted, were out-of-commission light aircraft.

The Libyan National Army’s use of its new found air power in the west to hit Mitiga on Monday and Tuesday has drawn criticism from several foreign governments, including Italy and Turkey, and the UN Special Envoy Bernardino Leon. [/restrict]

Tags: GhanianLibyaZintanZultanZuwara

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post

HoR President in Cairo for talks on Egyptian support

Egypt bans flights to and from Mitiga and Misrata: “turns back plane”

Egypt bans flights to and from Mitiga and Misrata: "turns back plane"

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.