No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Thinni aims to strengthen Malta ties

byNewsdesk1
October 26, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Mustafa Ajnadin.

Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni sets out to strengthen ties with Malta (Photo: Sky News)

Tripoli, 26 October 2014:

Libyan Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni has set out to strengthen Libya’s relationship with Malta this past . . .[restrict]week through a series of meetings in Valetta with different ministers within the Maltese government.

In a press conference Saturday night in Beida, the Prime Minister said that the Maltese government had given the Libyan delegation a warm reception. It had been eager to discuss the possibility of a deeper economic partnership with Libya, especially in exploration of offshore areas. The two countries had signed such an agreement in the past, but it had not yet been activated, he said.

“There are actually many Maltese business projects that have been stalled for a long time”, Thinni said. ‘In order to get things going again, we’ve issued an invitation—which has been accepted—to the Maltese Minister of Economy to visit Libya in order to assess the situation to see about re-starting the projects”.

RELATED POSTS

Drone attacks on Anti-Security Threats Agency after seizure of boats designated for illegal migration and death of criminal militia leader ‘‘Al-Amu’’ during its security counter-operation

Three million illegal immigrants in Libya, 75 % of whom are families, constitute ”settlement” which Libyans reject – illegally transfer US$ 7 billion annually: Interior Minister Trabelsi

On the vexed subject of visas for Libyans wishing to enter Malta, the delegation met the Minister of Interior to talk about making the process easier. The Maltese have said that they understand the situation that many Libyan families have found themselves in and that they are looking for ways to help, Thinni said.

After meetings with the Minister of Culture, it was decided that the two countries would promote a cultural exchange, especially in the area of media. The Libyan government would begin to broadcast from Malta in English, Thinni said, in order to give the non-Arabic speaking world the opportunity to hear Libyan news directly from the source.

Plans are also under way to help boost opportunities for Libyan university students to study in Malta, Thinni said. “We want to reduce the time that it takes for students to obtain visas, which will hopefully pave the way for more students to go”.

Thinni said that the Maltese government had assured him that it was more than willing to cooperate with his government to tackle the challenge of illegal migration and fuel smuggling.

“Finally”, Thinni said, “we discussed opening up new flights between Labraq Airport and Malta and Tobruk and Tunis, as well as a new shipping line between Benghazi and Tripoli”. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredillegal migrationLibyaMaltaThinni

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post

Prime Minister tells cabinet to find and help the thousands who have fled fighting

Libyan government signs media agreements with Malta

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.