No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Operation Dignity fighter says ammo is sum total of Egyptian military support

byMichel Cousins
October 28, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

27 October, 2014.

The only international military help that Operation Dignity has been receiving is ammunition from Egypt, a fighter . . .[restrict]from Khalifa Hafter’s forces has claimed.

“No foreign country really supports us,” the Operation Dignity fighter told the Libya Herald. “But we have been getting a lot of ammunition from Egypt.” He said he knew the ammunition, including grad rockets, and a range of bullets, from 14.5 to 12.5 mm, was being supplied by Egypt because the country’s name was written on the boxes. Several times he had been to the border crossing with Egypt, as well as to Operation Dignity bases to collect large shipments of ammunition to take back to the front lines, he said.

The soldier added that rumours that foreign powers have been behind some of the airstrikes carried out the eastern city were baseless. “I am 100-percent sure that the pilots and planes doing the airstrikes in Benghazi are Libyan,” he said. “Some of the planes are very old but I have seen them being fixed so they are able to do these bombings.” He added that he believed most of these were Soviet-era aircraft.

RELATED POSTS

Libyan Railroads signs MoU with Chinese BFI Consortium for rail line to Egypt

23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

The soldier said that in the five months he had been fighting in the front lines with Operation Dignity in Benghazi, he had seen nothing to suggest the involvement of other countries beyond the ammunition.

Months of sporadic airstrikes carried out under Operation Dignity weakened Islamist-affiliated militias in Benghazi, a strategy that appears to have paved the way for current on-the-ground moves to reclaim the city and bring it back under the control of the Libyan National Army. [/restrict]

Tags: EgyptLibyaoperation dignity

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post

Malta denies agreement on Libya broadcasting stations

NCHRL calls for repeal of Political Isolation Law

NCHRL calls for repeal of Political Isolation Law

Top Stories

  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

EU4Skills project organises workshop on quality management systems in the marine fisheries and fish products sector

Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.