No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Kikla said to be “holding out”

byMichel Cousins
October 24, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

23 October 2014:

Despite claims by Zintani forces connected to the Libya National Army to have taken Kikla, the . . .[restrict]mountain town has not fallen, the Libya Herald has been told by a reliable source who visited it two days ago.

“Kikla is holding out”, the source said, but the situation was “very bad”. Many people had been killed, he stated, adding that “it’s mostly fighters now in the town”. Almost all the residents had left. But those still there were taking a tremendous battering, mainly by Grad missiles. The main mosque had been turned into a hospital which hevisited twice during the day. Each time there had been fresh wounded brought in.

The situation had reached stalemate he explained.  Because of the mountainous terrain, both Kikla’s defenders and the Zintani attackers occupied key high ground from which they could not be expelled but which enabled them to prevent the enemy from advancing.

RELATED POSTS

Images of Abdelghani Ghnewa’s funeral in Kikla appear as his SSA militia mourn him

Spanish visiting medical team perform joint operations in Beida, US-based consultant visiting in Zintan

He said small groups of fighters from towns across the Jebel had gone to fight the Zintanis and that that following a meeting convoked by Misratans this week of representatives from such towns, Jadu had agreed to send a force to help defend Kikla.  It would not, however, comply with Misratan requests that it attack Zintan.

It was likely that the fellow Amazigh town of Nalut would join Jadu in sending a group of fighters, he added, but it too would refrain from going on the offensive against Zintan.

Whoever sent troops, he said, there was now a war of attrition, with stalemate facing both side. [/restrict]

Tags: KiklaLibyaZintan

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

HoR approves government budget

Derna militants kill 2 men from Shahat in failed prisoner exchange

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.