No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Ansar Al-Sharia leader reported wounded in Benina clashes

byCallum Paton
October 12, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Noora Ibrahim, Farah Waleed and Adam Ali.

Mohammed Al-Zahawi, the commander of Ansar Al-Sharia in Benghazi (Photo: Social Media)
Mohammed Al-Zahawi, the commander of Ansar Al-Sharia in Benghazi (Photo: Social Media)

Benghazi 12, October 2014:

Mohammed Al-Zahawi the leader of Ansar Al-Sharia in Benghazi is reported . . .[restrict]to have been wounded or even killed in clashes yesterday evening near Benina Airport.

Reliable sources told the Libya Herald they had received unconfirmed reports that Zahawi had been taken to Sirte’s Abin Sina Hospital to receive medical treatment.

A senior figure in Operation Dignity based in Tobruk said he had heard rumours that Zahawi had been injured or killed but could not confirm or deny the information.

RELATED POSTS

LBC opens its Eastern Region branch at its new Benghazi location

Egypt Real Estate Exhibition launched in Benghazi

Head of Saiqa Special Forces Investigations Unit Fadel Al-Hassi, who was on the ground during clashes both yesterday evening and this morning at Benina, also said he had no verified information on the condition of the Ansar Al-Sharia leader.

However Hassi explained some light skirmishes had taken place around the Airport yesterday evening with heavier fighting in the early hours of the morning.

He said three members of Saiqa had been killed in those clashes and four wounded. He added that the injured men had been taken to Marj hospital where their condition was stable.

Clashes in and around Benina have raged more or less constantly for the last ten days. Ansar Al-Sharia and its allies in the Benghazi Revolutionaries’ Shoura Council have been attacking Operation Dignity’s  last remaining positions near the city at Benina.

This is not the first time that Zahawi has been reported killed. In June, rumours circulated that he had died while receiving treatment at Benghazi’s Jalaa Hospital. It later emerged he had been injured in the neck while fighting in Buatni.

 

  [/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziBeninaclashesLibyaMohammed Al-Zahawi

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Tutu joins #Iam Tawfik campaign

Tutu joins #Iam Tawfik campaign

"We have surrounded Gharian and retaken Aziziya claim Zintanis

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.