No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tripoli prosecutor released with three brothers

byCallum Paton
September 9, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 9 September 2014:

Tripoli Lawyer Sami Sami Gharsallah was released today, along with his three . . .[restrict]brothers, after the siblings were abducted from their home in the capital’s Maya district.

While little is known about the kidnapping or the circumstances of their release, unknown assailants are believed to have stormed the Gharsallah’s family home last week, holding the four brothers in a undisclosed location. They were released at Bab Ben Gashir, Buwabat Al-Wasat reported.

Yesterday the Libyan Judicial Organisation (LJO) released a statement condemning the abduction of its member and his family. The LJO said the criminal act was the result of the weakness of the state with had failed to carry out its responsibilities as stipulated by law.

RELATED POSTS

Kidnaper in 2019 of 14 Tunisian nationals convicted for 12 years’ imprisonment

Five months on, GNMTC GM Tawati kidnapped again by armed militias

It asked human rights organisations, tribal elders and civil society to help the judiciary so that “even if the justice system is disturbed, it does not die”.

Libya Dawn insists it played no part in the abduction. The Misratan-led coalition of revolutionary brigades said today that it had not been involved in the kidnapping of any members of the judiciary, although it did not refer to Gharsallah by name.

The Dawn Operation has been implicated in a series of abuses since it began its assault on Tripoli Airport in mid-July by a number of organisations including in the international NGO Human Rights Watch.

Meanwhile, theee is no new information on the whereabouts of Tripoli lawyer Saleh Abdeljawad, who was kidnapped  in the capital on Thursday. The Organisation for Libyan Lawyers has released a statement demanding his immediate release.

During the blockade of eastern oil terminals, Abdeljawad was closely involved in the negotiations between the Thinni government and blockaders.

[/restrict]

Tags: abductionkidnappingLibyaTripoli prosecutor

Related Posts

Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Next Post

A mayor for Abu Sleem

Ansar nabs suspected forgers in Sirte

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.