No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Filipino nurses committed to staying in Benghazi’s hospitals

byCallum Paton
July 6, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Filipino nurses committed to staying in Benghazi’s hospitals

The diplomatic delegation in Benghazi (Photo: Social Media)

By Aimen Amzein and Noora Ibrahim.

The diplomatic delegation in Benghazi (Photo: Social Media)
The diplomatic delegation in Benghazi (Photo: Social Media)

Benghazi, 6 July 2014:

Benghazi’s Filipino nurses have said they will stay to treat . . .[restrict]the city’s patients despite deteriorating security conditions.

A Filipino diplomatic delegation headed by Chargé d’Affaires Adelio Cruz visited Benghazi last week to review the situation of its medical workers in the city’s hospitals, a diplomatic source told the Libya Herald. Of the 15,000 Phillipino nationals currently in Libya over 1,000 work in Benghazi hospitals.

Filipino diplomats were particularly concerned for the wellbeing of workers in Benghazi’s Hawari Hospital and the city’s psychiatric hospital which are closest to areas where fighting has been fiercest in recent months. They met with Filipino medical staff as well as officials from the Ministry of Health who explained current emergency procedures and gave assurances about their safety.

RELATED POSTS

First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

China’s Ambassador to Libya visits Benghazi on the inauguration of China’s COSCO direct shipping line to the city

Overwhelmingly Filipino medical workers said they wished to remain at their posts. Many hospital workers from the country stayed in their positions during the 2011 revolution. The overwhelming view of the medical staff at Wednesday’s meeting was that they valued their jobs and wished to remain to help the city’s inhabitants.

The Filipino Department of Foreign Affairs has introduced voluntary repatriation for its foreign nationals who wish to leave Libya. However, only around 300 have opted to quit because of the security conditions.

The Philippines embassy in Tripoli has said it will continue to observe the security situation in Libya particularly in Benghazi’s hospitals, all of which have Filipino staff.

Of particular concern is the current stand-off between Ansar Al-Sharia and Benghazi Joint Sescurity Room over the protection of the city’s Jalaa Hospital. Negotiations which have now come to involve the highest levels of government including caretaker prime minister Abdullah Al-Thinni are yet to yield results.

[/restrict]

Tags: BenghazihospitalsLibyaPhillipines

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post
Drive launched to cut smashes on “most dangerous roads in the world”

Drive launched to cut smashes on “most dangerous roads in the world”

Scholars Association condemns attacks on religious leaders

Top Stories

  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

EU4Skills project organises workshop on quality management systems in the marine fisheries and fish products sector

Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.