No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Major ordinance explosion outside Sebha “deliberate” say security forces

byMichel Cousins
March 27, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Major ordinance explosion outside Sebha “deliberate” say security forces

Sebha Ammunition Depot yesterday (Photo: Third Force Facebook Page)

By Jamal Adel.

Sebha Ammunition Depot yesterday (Photo: Third Force Facebook Page)
Third Force patrolling Sebha Ammunition Depot (Photo: Third Force Facebook page)

Tripoli 27 March 2014:

A series of explosions at the Sebha Ammunition Depot on Tuesday were deliberate according . . .[restrict]to the Misrata-led Third Force which is currently providing security in the southern town.

Unexploded ordinance which had been stored in 40 underground bunkers at the depot was blown up by an unknown group, according to the spokesperson for the force, Ala Al-Huwaik.

No one was inured or killed in the blasts.

RELATED POSTS

CBL Board hold second 2025 meeting in Sebha, discusses revenues, foreign exchange and banking services

Libyan and Tunisian dates companies meet in Sebha to explore international export cooperation

“The Third Force went to the camp on Monday to inspect it, dispose of equipment, open the roads and secure the area,” he told the Libya Herald.  It then left.

“Following initial investigations, we’ve come to the conclusion that the explosion was deliberate, carried out people stealing the ammunition,” he said. He did not say who those responsible might be.

The camp, to the northwest of the town near the formerly named Fattah district (now locally known as Hay Al-Grad because of missile attacks from there during clashes in January), was heavily bombed by NATO during the revolution. However, according to Al-Huwaik, an huge amount of ammunition “remained intact”.

The camp was taken over by Qaddafi followers in January at the same time as they took over the Tamenhint airbase and was again bombed, by the Libya air force. It was retaken at the beginning of February.

There have been a number of ammunition explosions and thefts around the country since the revolution, with depots being left largely unguarded. In November, there was a massive ammunition explosion in Brak Al-Shatti which at least ten people were reported killed. [/restrict]

Tags: Ammunition campLibyaSebha

Related Posts

UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

August 31, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Car bomb defused near Ajdabiya school

Kidnapped Italian still missing

Kidnapped Italian still missing

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.