No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Justice and Construction Party threaten to sue Juma Sayah – again

byMichel Cousins
January 30, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Justice and Construction Party threaten to sue Juma Sayah – again

By Ahmed Elumami.

Tripoli, 30 January 2014:

The Justice and Construction Party (J&C) says it has started legal proceedings to sue . . .[restrict]Warshefana Congressman Juma Sayah over charges he made against the party during an interview on Awlan TV channel.

“The law office of the party has begun legal action to sue Sayah because of his false accusations against the party”, a member of the J&C executive office, Mohamed Al-Harizi, told the Libya Herald today. “Sayah claimed that the party stole nearly LD 30 billion and that the party is behind of most the recent security incidents,” Harizi alleged.

This is not the first time that Sayah and the J&C have crossed legal swords.  In September last year, 61 out of 104 Congress members voted to lift his immunity as well as that of National Forces Alliances member Hajer Al-Ghaid and independent Kufra member Tuati Al-Aidha, to enable the Public Prosecutor to investigate them. It followed J&C claims that they had defamed the party by alleging that it had “sold oil illegally to the Muslim Brotherhood, additionally having secret relations with foreign countries”.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The previous month, J&C Congresswoman Amina Mahjoub told the Libya Herald that she and her colleagues were suing Sayah, Al-Gaid and Aidha “because they said on one of the local [TV] channels that J&C members of Congress received large sums of money from Qatar for the ideas of the Muslim Brotherhood in Libya”.

In the event, no legal action was taken against the three. [/restrict]

Tags: Juma SayahJustice & Construction PartyLibya

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Next Post

Breaking news: son of Benghazi Special Forces Commander abducted

Pilot wounded in assassination attempt dies in hospital

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.