No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Misrata SSC claim to know identities of local killers

byMichel Cousins
March 22, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

Tripoli, 21 March 2013:

The head of the SSC in Misrata, Juma Belhaj, has announced that the identities of those involved in . . .[restrict]a number of killings that shocked the city and the attack on its Coptic church were now known.

Speaking at a press conference this afternoon, Thursday, he said that investigators had managed to find out the identities of those who in late January had assassinated Misrata Local Council member Sheikh Mohamed Ben Othman. They had also discovered who had been involved in the the assassination of Sheikh Fakhri Husein Jahani earlier the same month and of two security officers, Walid Shahoot and Wahib Kareem, a few days before that. They also claimed to know who was involved in the bombing of the Coptic church in Misrata in December.

According to Belhaj, the investigations into the case of Ben Othman’s assassination had enabled investigators to discover the identities of the perpetrators of all these crimes. Six people in total were involved, he said. Three had been involved in the assassination of Ben Othman.

He did not disclose any identities.

RELATED POSTS

Third edition of Banking and Business Technology Forum kicked off in Misrata under patronage of Central Bank of Libya

59 containers loaded with boats seized in Misrata suspected of being intended for use in illegal immigration operations

The motive for the bombing of the church in Misrata was purely financial with no other motives, Belhaj claimed. He did not explain the reasoning for the allegation. He claimed there was also as a direct link between those involved in the church bombing and the killing of the two security guards and the assassination of Sheikh Jahan. Again, he did not explain.

The investigation was now closed, he said, and the files transferred along with all the evidence to the local prosecution office. [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaMisrata

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Tripoli Criminal Court convicts five Waha bank employees for LD 131 million corruption

February 22, 2026
Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
Next Post

The 2013 Budget: A breakdown of the main sectors

Deputy Prime Minister warns foreign contractors to resume work or lose contracts

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Kufra airport activates runway and taxiway lighting enabling nighttime flights

Newly created Libyan United Airlines reveals logo – stresses it is a privately owned airline

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.