No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Zintan backs GNC amid 15 February concerns

bythomwestcott
February 2, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

Tripoli, 2 February 2013:

Zintan has declared its loyalty to the General National Congress (GNC). The declaration comes amidst growing concerns that . . .[restrict]there could be mass protests on 15 February attacking the GNC and the government.

Cyrenaican federalists have called for mass protests on that day to “correct the course of the revolution” and there are fears that others opposed to the revolution, including both Qaddafi sympathisers and militants, will use the occasion to instigate violence.

In a statement which stressed the legitimacy of the GNC, Zintan’s local and military councils insisted that any changes to the way Libya is currently governed had to go through the GNC which, they said, had been “legally elected”. Confirming Zintan’s opposition to any illegal activities that threaten to damage the country’s interests,  the statement claimed that forces inside and outside the country  critical of the revolution’s progress were threatening to destabilise Libya.

The Zintanis’ priority, the statement said, was to ensure the continued success of the 17 February Revolution..

RELATED POSTS

Spanish visiting medical team perform joint operations in Beida, US-based consultant visiting in Zintan

Implementation of Zintan Free Zone and exhibitions centre ongoing

The National Rally for Libya Rebels has also  asserted its support and commitment to the revolution. It condemned any attempts to create chaos and panic in the run-up to the second anniversary.

“Any attempt to circumvent the revolution” the Libyan news agency LANA reported the organisation as saying, “is a betrayal of the homeland, driven by foreign agendas and [the] black hands of remnants of the old regime”.

The National Rally continued: “The National Congress is a product of the Revolution of 17 February, which all Libyans have chosen through the ballot box”.  It said that the interim government and the GNC had formal mechanisms and were legitimate and transparent. It added that demonstrations were also legitimate but should not be used to promote chaos.

The organisation vowed that it would “strike with an iron fist all wishing to prejudice the destiny and prosperity of the people”. [/restrict]

Tags: GNCLibyaZintan

Related Posts

UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

August 31, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Next Post
Join or Die: Part I

Join or Die: Part I

Health data in Libya……… Inadequate and misleading

Health data in Libya……… Inadequate and misleading

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.