No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Breaking: Benghazi military court drops Fatah Younis case

byGeorge Grant
December 21, 2012
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Breaking: Benghazi military court drops Fatah Younis case

Abdul Fatah Younis was murdered on 28 July 2011.

Abdul Fatah Younis was murdered . . .[restrict]on 28 July 2011.

Benghazi, 19 December:

The military court in Benghazi has declared that it will no longer be responsible for the trial relating to the killing of Abdul Fatah Younis.

The decision was made public a short time ago today and it is not yet clear what lay behind the move.

Widespread criticism of the case has been voiced across many parts of Libya in the past week, with protesters of various hues questioning why former NTC Chairman Mustafa Abdul Jalil was being questioned by the tribunal.

Jalil, who was head of the NTC at the time of Younis’s murder on 28 July 2011, has denied any wrongdoing and said the first he knew of the incident was when he was informed about it by third parties.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba proposes new Road Map for holding elections, loans and land for youth and money for healthcare for war wounded

Cooperation agreements reached between Libyan and the Greek pharmaceutical and medical companies: Tripoli Chamber of Commerce

Mystery continues to surround the general’s death, although it is all-but confirmed that he was assassinated by somebody from amongst the revolutionaries he notionally led. For many years he was one of the most senior figures in the Qaddafi regime and was held responsible for much of the suppression of dissenters carried out in its name.

During his testimony last week, Jalil spoke of the deep mistrust that existed towards Younis amongst many revolutionaries, and the potential threats that were made against him.

“The revolutionaries were saying at the time that this man should not be allowed to share our victory with us, when he was the very man who ordered the security brigades, during the 1980s and 1990s, to crush us down”, Jalil said.

“The revolutionaries prevented him from entering their operations room, insisting that if he did so, he would have to take responsibility for what happened to him.”

[/restrict]

Tags: featured

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Tripoli Criminal Court convicts five Waha bank employees for LD 131 million corruption

February 22, 2026
Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
Next Post
Benghazi brigade leaders refute allegations of involvement in assassinations

Benghazi brigade leaders refute allegations of involvement in assassinations

Libyan carriers still banned from EU skies

Libyan carriers still banned from EU skies

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benina Airport installs first-ever ILS/DME Navigational Aids System by Spain’s Sky Navigation Systems

Sirte Oil Company completes drilling of horizontal well C345H in the Ziltan field with production rate of 2,000 barrels per day

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.