No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

NOC refuses to confirm or deny reports of Ras Lanuf restart

byGeorge Grant
August 15, 2012
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

Tripoli, 15 August:

The National Oil Company (NOC) is refusing to confirm reports that the Ras Lanuf oil refinery will resume operations . . .[restrict]at the end of this month, casting doubt on the certainty of the claims.

Yesterday, an unnamed senior NOC official was quoted by Reuters as saying that the refinery would be restarted no-later than 28 August.

“I cannot confirm or deny anything because I have no information about this”, a NOC spokesman told the Libya Herald this afternoon.

Repeated announcements have been made regarding the reopening of the refinery at Ras Lanuf, dating back as far as last December, only to be rescinded subsequently.

RELATED POSTS

Libya supplied nearly a quarter of Italy’s total crude oil imports in 2025

Libya and Austria discuss possibility of holding economic forum

It is understood that delays have not been the result of technical deficiencies at Ras Lanuf but rather disputes between the NOC and its UAE-based partner, Trasta Energy, who jointly operate the plant.

However, this latest announcement appears to have been given added credibility by concrete preparations now said to be taking place at the plant.

It is understood that oil products already held in tanks at the refinery have been sold to make room for fresh output.

“They have sold products in stocks specifically to empty the tanks,” a trading manager working with the NOC told Reuters.

Ras Lanuf is the largest of Libya’s five oil refineries and the only one that has yet to resume operations since the end of last year’s revolution.

It has a processing capacity of 220,000 oil barrels per day (bpd), representing around 58 per cent of the country’s 380,000-bpd total, making it a significant contributor both to the Libyan economy and regional markets. [/restrict]

Tags: BusinessoilRas Lanuf

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

FX black-market has existed for years and decades, and eliminating it in a short period is impossible: CBL Governor Issa

May 20, 2026
Libyan Industrial Union organizing conference on Libyan economy – invites participation
Business

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

May 20, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL renews call on Economy Ministry to prohibit imports without payment through official bank transfers starting from 15 June

May 19, 2026
Workshop on strengthening institutional capacities in Libya’s leasing sector
Business

EU4Skills project organises workshop on quality management systems in the marine fisheries and fish products sector

May 19, 2026
Next Post
Man from Sudanese rebel group killed in gun-battle over hijacked vehicle in Kufra

Man from Sudanese rebel group killed in gun-battle over hijacked vehicle in Kufra

President of Benghazi Local Council resigns over “unworkable” conditions; aims fire at Tripoli

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

FX black-market has existed for years and decades, and eliminating it in a short period is impossible: CBL Governor Issa

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.