No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Treatment in Jordan

Libyans Completing Medical Treatment Asked to Leave Jordan by Tuesday

byMichel Cousins
May 11, 2012
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Abdul-Jalil Mustafa.

Amman, 11 May:

Jordanian Health Minister Abdullateef Woraikat on Friday assured executives of private hospitals that the Libyan government would . . .[restrict]shortly pay the overdue debts for treating about 50,000 Libyan patients. The amount is some JD 60 million ($85 million). He said that such a commitment was relayed to him last week by the Libyan Second Deputy Prime Minister Omar Abdul-Karim, who was on a visit to Jordan.

However, Abdul-Karim stressed the need for checking all hospital bills by the Jordanian authorities before payment to ensure their authenticity and to uncover any fraud.

Woraikat made his statement during a meeting with the President of the Private Hospitals Association (PHA), Fawzi Hammouri.

RELATED POSTS

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

His statement coincided with an advisory by the Libyan Medical Committee in Jordan to Libyan patients who had finished their medical treatment in Jordanian hospitals to leave the country before Tuesday, 15 May.

”Those who have completed their treatment are requested to leave, while others who are still receiving treatment and who have been dispatched to Jordan through the Libyan Ministry of Health can stay to complete their treatment,” the chairman of the Libyan Medical Committee Ali bin Jalil said.

He pointed out that many Libyans who had completed their treatment were still staying in Jordan thus ”adding to our financial burdens as we have to pay for their accommodation and other expenses”.

He said that his panel had arranged flights for Libyans to leave the country by Tuesday.

According to the Jordan Hotel Association (JHA), about 6,500 Libyans were still staying in Jordanian hotels.

Hammouri said, however, that about 1,500 Libyan were currently still receiving medical treatment.

The JHA director Yasser Majali said that the Libyan government’s outstanding dues to hotels for accommodating thousands of Libyan patients amounted to JD 90 million ($127 million).

The PHA records indicate that about 50,00 Libyans, most of them revolutionaries who fought to topple Qaddafi’s regime, had been treated in the Jordan since July 2011 at an estimated cost of JD 130 million.

Hammouri said that the treatment of a Libyan patient in Jordan represented only one-tenth of the expenses he would have to pay elsewhere. [/restrict]

Related Posts

No Content Available
Next Post

The Housing and Infrastructure Board to activate 248 contracts and 4000 sub-contracts

Large Italian representation announced at LIBYA BUILD 2012

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.