The British Embassy in Libya is seeking to recruit an IT Services and Support Officer (ITSO) to work and liaise with our Head Quarters IT services in the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) in the UK.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the IT team in the FCO London in maintaining the IT infrastructure, and IT security within the British Embassy.
- Maintenance of IT equipment inventory records.
- Focal point for all users on all IT related queries in Tripoli.
- Maintaining and supporting system installations and building computers.
- Liaise effectively with UK operational services (Help Desk) in providing first line support to users at post.
- Help ensure maximum availability of our IT system & services by closely monitoring system performance and resolving IT problems in conjunction with support from the UK helpdesk and other IT stakeholders.
- Responsible for the IT system security. Ensuring potential security breaches are reported and investigated and security procedures are complied with.
- Undertake regular system maintenance checks.
- Undertake regular upgrades as requested.
- Help maintain the Embassy telephone service.
- Assist visiting engineers to resolve faults with the IT telephone network.
This is an extremely important role at the Embassy that requires a flexible worker who can work as part of a team to efficiently and effectively keep the IT services well maintained.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Previous IT services experience in a corporate environment is essential. Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly Windows XP and Vista.
- Experience in hardware support
- Organisational skills
- Proactive team-working.
Applicants should be a Libyan Citizen, or be able to demonstrate that they have Immigration status which allows them to work in Libya. Applications for this vacancy should be sent to the HR Manager at the British Embassy, Libya no later than 9 February 2014. Applicants must send an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter providing evidence of the required skills and experience. The starting salary for this position 2324.00Lyd. Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Appointment of successful candidate will be subject to security clearance.
Please include your email address.
Electronic applications should be sent to, [email protected] APPLICATIONS Sent to other email addresses will be discarded.
British Embassy, Tripoli Libya is an equal opportunity employer http://ukinlibya.fco.gov.uk