CANADIAN EMBASSY, TRIPOLI
Common Service Officer
Salary: LYD 37,011 per year (plus benefits)
The Canadian Embassy in Libya seeks a Common Service Officer for a temporary period of approximately 4 (four) months, from Mid-May until Mid-September 2014. The position is based in Tripoli, Libya.
Summary of duties:
The successful candidate will provide Financial, Property, and Human Resources support; create non-routine information and/or documentation; provide complex administrative support and services; provide services to diverse client base and initiate proactive collaboration; and supervise other staff and perform other duties as required.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, be fluent in English and Arabic and have a minimum of 2 years recent experience working in an office environment in an operational capacity with at least 2 of the following as part of the role responsibilities – management reporting, budget management, client liaison, client service, implementation of procedure/practice, widespread dissemination of information and/or event management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
- Knowledge of DFATD financial systems (IMS) or another equivalent system
- Effective interactive communication – oral and written – in English and Arabic
- Ability to translate – orally and by written- from Arabic to English and English to Arabic
- Ability to plan and organize workflow
- Ability to co-ordinate and analyse information
- Initiative and sound judgement
- Client focus
Open to: applicants who are legally and operationally in a position to work for the Canadian Embassy in Libya.
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply via email address through [email protected]. Your correspondence should include a cover letter and CV. Your subject line should read: TRPLI – Term CS Officer – your name. Closing date: March 08, 2014.
Please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.