Education Sector Specialist and Generalist Officer
British Embassy, Libya
The British Embassy in Libya is looking to fill a new role of Education Specialist and Generalist Officer within the Embassy’s UKTI Section.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts within the Libyan Ministries and other official organisations relevant to the Education sector.
- Act as the Embassy point of contact for all business enquiries related to the Education sector and respond to these in a timely manner.
- Produce reports and collate information about the Education sector for business and Embassy use and to undertake responsibilities for work in other sectors as directed.
- Using long term relationships to secure contacts and set up meetings for Embassy officials and British businesses.
- Arrange sector specific trade missions business events.
- Attend sector specific press conferences and public events on behalf of the Embassy and maintain good relationships within the Libyan Government Ministries and public/private sector organisations.
- Work with other colleagues to organise visits to Libya for UK Ministers and officials.
- Work with colleagues in the Commercial section to support work in other business areas.
This will be a busy and interesting position at the British Embassy that appreciates a flexible worker who helps us work more efficiently.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Excellent and current understanding of the Libyan Education Sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent team working and inter-personal skills.
- The ability to build a good network of contacts.
- Able to identify, categorise and prioritise work with minimum supervision.
- Good research and briefing skills.
- Good IT skills.
Applicants should be a Libyan Citizen, or have Immigration status which allows them to work in Libya. Applications for this vacancy should be sent to the HR Manager at the British Embassy, Libya no later than 11 April 2013 Applicants must send an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter providing evidence of the required skills and experience, quoting UKTI Officer. The starting salary for this position is 2324.00LYD per calendar month. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interview. Final appointment will depend on security clearance.
Please include your email address.
HR Manager, British Embassy, 24th Floor, Tripoli Tower, Tripoli, Libya
Electronic applications should be sent to, [email protected] APPLICATIONS Sent to other email addresses will be discarded.
British Embassy, Tripoli Libya is an equal opportunity employer,
dedicated to a diverse workforce