No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Sanalla suggests direct oil income for NOC, accuses PFG of massive numbers exaggeration

byMichel Cousins
September 4, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald reporter.

Tripoli, 4 September 2016:

The chairman of the National Oil Company (NOC) , Mustafa Sanalla has suggested that in order to spend to increase production it may have to start raising loans or having even taking the income from the oil it sells directly in accordance with Libyan law. He has also accused the Petroleum Facilities Guards (PFG) of no longer working to protect the oilfields. As for those with Ibrahim Jadhran, their numbers had been massively inflated, he said, and Jadhran himself had not reopened the oil terminals controlled by him as promised.

There had to be a new system of managing oil income so that the NOC could run its companies and affiliates, he insisted.

Currently, oil revenues are paid not to the NOC but to the Central Bank of Libya (CBL) which then pays the NOC as per the budget drawn up by the government. Sanalla has already sharply criticised the PC for not allocating funds to the NOC and instructing the CBL to pay them. As a result of the cash flow crisis, the NOC has been unable to pay oil workers and contractors, as a result of which oil liftings have declined massively.

RELATED POSTS

Justice may be delayed, but it is not absent‎: Former NOC chairman Sanalla on yesterday’s oil closures prison sentences

Libya’s oil production continues to creep upwards

Sanalla, in an interview on Friday with Libya HD TV, again noted that the NOC had asked earlier this year LD 1 billion to work on increasing the oil production from what was then between 700,000 and 900,000 barrels-a-day output, but that the PC had not come up with the money.

On the issue of the PFG, Sanalla said it had no more than 1,000 men operating – a figure which others connected to the force have also stated. However, central region PFG, run by Ibrahim Jadhran has claimed to have mover 22,800 men – and been paid for them in the past.

Last week, the NOC chairman accused the PC of losing the country $10 million a day in oil sales as a result. Some $1.56 billion had been lost since it took control of spending in the country, he said.  He also demanded an explanation from the PC as to why it was delaying payments. So far there has been no response.

This latest intervention from the Tripoli NOC chairman could freeze the already fast cooling relations between him and the PC. As yet it has not confirmed him as head of the NOC.

Tags: LibyaMustafa SanallaNational Oil Corporation

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Zubi reported free after two years' captivity

Presidency Council meets in Tripoli, Aswad joins in

Presidency Council meets in Tripoli, Aswad joins in

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.