No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Gnewa Kikli’s Stabilization Support Agency accuses Amnesty International of defamation

bySami Zaptia
May 8, 2022
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Gnewa Kikli’s Stabilization Support Agency accuses Amnesty International of defamation

The Stability Support Apparatus now headed by Hassan Abuzriba vows to yield to state control (Logo: SSA).

The Stabilization Support Agency, one of Tripoli’s most powerful state-recognized militias, headed by Abdul Ghani Al Kikli commonly refered to as ”Gnewa”, accused Amnesty International of defamation. This came in response to Amnesty’s report published on Wednesday accusing the Stabilization Support Agency of violations against migrants and refugees. the Stabilization Support Agency described the report as lacking the most basic standards of professional work.

The agency said, in a statement posted on its Facebook page, that the report “had required Amnesty International to contact the Stability Support Agency and the official security institutions in the Libyan state To respond to any inquiries or accusations – before publishing the report.”

The Stabilization Support Agency stressed that “it is very keen to apply Libyan law first, which takes into account standards of justice and human rights, and it works within the framework of official state institutions, where all those arrested are referred according to official evidence collection records to the Public Prosecution in accordance with the explicit law.”

The Stabilization Support Agency added, “It works to deter any illegal practices that may be issued by any of its affiliates, by activating the follow-up and inspection departments of the Stability Support Agency.”

It said that it “reserves his legal right to sue Amnesty International for defamation and slander against the Libyan state and its official security institutions with false accusations,” stressing at the same time, “to continue working transparently and professionally, placing the security and stability of Libya at the top of its priorities and in accordance with the Libyan laws in force.”

RELATED POSTS

Images of Abdelghani Ghnewa’s funeral in Kikla appear as his SSA militia mourn him

Calm returns after overnight Tripoli clashes as major militia leader reportedly killed

In the conclusion of his statement, the Stabilization Support Agency called on Amnesty International to investigate the accuracy of its reports, noting “hundreds of documented cases of migrants across the Mediterranean who are subjected to torture and exploitation by smuggling gangs and international organized crime.”

Tags: Abdul-Ghani Al-Kikli Gnewa GneiwaAmnesty InternationalStability Support Apparatus

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Libya’s oil fields and ports will be reopened after installing mechanism for distributing oil revenues in a fair manner to all regions: Speaker Saleh to Ambassador Norland

Libya’s oil fields and ports will be reopened after installing mechanism for distributing oil revenues in a fair manner to all regions: Speaker Saleh to Ambassador Norland

The 48th Tripoli International Fair opens – new ​​47.5 hectares fairgrounds to be established south of Tripoli

The 48th Tripoli International Fair opens – new ​​47.5 hectares fairgrounds to be established south of Tripoli

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.