No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC lifts force majeure on oil ports

bySami Zaptia
July 12, 2018
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia. 

NOC TOTAL LOGOS 4 EN                                      

Lugano, 11 July 2018:

Libya’s National Oil Corporation (NOC) has announced the lifting of force majeure in the ports of Ras Lanuf, Es Sider, Hariga and Zuetina after it reported that ‘‘the facilities were handed over to the corporation this morning’’. It said that oil production and export operations would return to ‘‘normal levels within the next few hours’’.

The NOC had announced force majeure on 2 July in response to Khalifa Hafter and his LNA handing over the oil facilities in the eastern oil crescent to the eastern-based NOC. This came o the back of the LNA recapturing the oil crescent after Ibrahim Jadran had captured them on 14 June.

RELATED POSTS

NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

NOC discusses Honeywell study on economic feasibility of developing Zawia Oil Refining Co. – potential to save on petrol subsidies and imports

The move had been widely condemned by the international community.

In its statement, the NOC said that its chairman, Mustafa Sanalla, and members of its board of directors ‘‘commended the Libyan National Army General Command for putting the national interest first’’. They also thanked ‘‘the Presidency Council, the House of Representatives, the Higher Council of State, and members of the international community for their efforts to resolve the crisis’’. The NOC statement quoted chairman Mustafa Sanalla saying, “We need a proper national debate on the fair distribution of oil revenues. It is at the heart of the recent crisis. The real solution is transparency, so I renew my call on the responsible authorities, the Ministry of Finance and Central Bank, to publish budgets and detailed public expenditure. Libyan citizens should be able to see how every dinar and fil of their oil wealth is spent. I will work with other national stakeholders to enhance transparency and resolve this crisis – for the benefit of all our citizens.”

The return of the oil crescent by Khalifa Hafter and the LNA to the Tripoli-based NOC comes on the back of concerted international pressure.

But domestically, it also comes on the back of Faiez Serraj, the head of the Presidency Council, issuing a statement today calling on the UN Security Council to form an international technical committee, on an urgent basis, under the auspices of the UN, with the assistance of specialized international, financial and economic organizations, to review all income, expenses and transactions of the Central Bank of Libya in Tripoli and in Beida.

This call by Serraj was aimed at satisfying Hafter in response to his accusation that the Tripoli CBL was financing terrorists, including Ibrahim Jadran.

The action is aimed at achieving ‘‘the principle of impartiality and transparency and to face a very serious situation’’, the Presidency Council statement said.

The Presidency Council added that this move was in the public interest, clarifying the reality of the financial situation for all and the expenditure of the previous period of any institution without exception. The move will contribute to the consolidation of the country’s financial and economic institutions on a sound basis, enhance confidence in the functioning of these institutions, improve the economy of the country and support stability, the statement concluded.

The Tripoli CBL has welcomed Serraj’s call for the formation of an audit committee.

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/06/29/international-community-oppose-oil-exports-by-eastern-based-noc/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/06/26/lna-explains-reasons-for-handing-over-oil-crescent-to-eastern-noc/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/06/25/breaking-lna-to-hand-over-oil-crescent-to-benghazi-based-noc/

 

 

Tags: featuredField Marshal Khalifa Hafterforce majeureIbrahim JadranLNA Libyan National ArmyNOC National Oil Corporation

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

CBL latest financial statement shows increased oil revenues for first half of 2018

Sharara oilfield armed attack leads to 160,000-barrel per day production loss: NOC

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.