The private sector lobby group, the Libyan Council for Oil, Gas and Renewable Energies (LCOGRE), has revealed its agenda for its ‘‘Workshop on PPP Investment in Oil and Gas’’ to be held in Tripoli between 20 to 21 November.
The agenda is as follows:
- The concept of Early Production Facilities (EPF)
Early production facility modules are designed for transportability, connectability, operability, upgradeability—and, most importantly, availability. Early production facility standard designs process up to 20,000 bbl/d, with first oil achievable in months. They are considered as less costly, fast tracks to first oil to obtain early cashflow.
- Challenges facing production and required technical solutions.
- Development of discovered oil fields and enhanced recovery from reservoirs.
- The importance of private sector participation in the development and production of oil and gas.
- Appropriate methods for processing gas associated with oil production.
- Practical applications of managing oil facilities and raising its productivity.
- The advantage and disadvantage of private-sector investment in this field.
- Promoting research and development activities and their impact on productivity and environmental standards.
- Regular inspection and troubleshooting.