No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Aldabaiba vows again to make vaccine available at any cost and as soon as possible

bySami Zaptia
March 13, 2021
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Aldabaiba vows again to make vaccine available at any cost and as soon as possible

(Photo: GNU).

By Sami Zaptia.

(Photo: GNU).

London, 13 March 2021:

Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba, the Prime Minister of the Government of National Unity (GNU), said he and the Libyan public at large are unhappy about how the country’s anti-Coronavirus effort has gone so far. He said he was not in a celebratory mood and that action needed to be taken immediately to bring the pandemic under control.

Aldabaiba was speaking at today’s National Covid-19 Conference and Exhibition at the Rixos Centre, Tripoli. It will continue for another two days.

Aldabaiba said that unfortunately, no work has been done to combat this pandemic, and that different thinking must be adopted.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

Aldabaiba committed to ending militias: “there is no future except with the police, the army, and the institutions of law”

He recognized that great efforts have been made, but that the results were negligible. Huge sums were spent he confirmed, but that the vaccine failed to arrive.

Aldabaiba said commercial companies must think with the government to fight the pandemic.

He said the vaccine must arrive as soon as possible and at any price. He said Libya was ‘‘very, very late’’ in procuring the vaccine. ‘‘This is my government’s priority, I pledge this to you’’.

He pointed out that his government started its work only two days ago, and that the vaccine will be distributed to the specialized centres to reach all citizens and residents. Even illegal residents as this is a humanitarian matter, he stressed.

He noted that the Coronavirus isolation/quarantine centres were suffering from a lack of places and supplies.

The prime minister noted that the Libyan public has forgotten that Libya is going through a pandemic. He complained of a lack of awareness and restriction to social distancing. He said Libyans are socialising as if there is no pandemic.

He said there is a need for a new and real drive and campaign and with a new spirit. We must impose restrictions and need to reduce deaths.

He said that the pandemic was beginning to affect younger age groups. It is the responsibility of all Libyans and there is a need for more awareness and wearing masks must become compulsory.

Tags: Abd Alhamid aldabaiba pm GNU Government of National UnityCoronavirus Covid-19 pandemicfeatured

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Aldabaiba takes over Prime Minister’s Office today

Aldabaiba takes over Prime Minister’s Office today

The rate of ‘‘customs dollar’’ to be used for calculating customs duties set at LD 2.12 per dollar – applies as of tomorrow

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.