No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

NOC’s five-year strategy of 56 major projects include drilling 108 test and development wells: Sanalla

bySami Zaptia
May 13, 2019
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

(Logo: NOC).

London, 13 May 2019:

The Tripoli assault and ongoing hostilities are a direct threat to Libyan oil sector development and procurement, Libya’s National Oil Corporation (NOC) chairman, Mustafa Sanalla said in Houston last week.

Sanalla underlined the risk protracted conflict poses to Libya’s US$ 60 billion procurement opportunity for US oilfield service companies at the US MENA Country Dialogue Series, hosted on the sidelines of the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) in Houston.

Delivering a keynote address at the forum hosted by the Bilateral US-Arab Chamber of Commerce, Sanalla highlighted the opportunity for US companies in delivering cutting-edge technology, equipment and services to advance Libya’s production ambition of 1.4 million barrels per day (bpd) from existing fields by the end of 2019, and 2.1 million bpd by 2023.

RELATED POSTS

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

“To deliver on NOC’s five-year strategy, the corporation is executing a total of 56 major projects, including the drilling of 38 test wells and 70 development wells. The corporation wants to invest in the development of existing fields, gas utilization, and rehabilitate shut-in wells. We can’t do this alone and are looking for expertise from US suppliers, vendors, and service companies,” said Sanalla.

“Let’s be clear however: none of this can happen while we are at war. If the international community can implement a ceasefire and return parties to the political process, we can quickly implement this important programme of work,” said the Chairman.

Sanalla addressed delegates calling for solidarity from partners and the international community to help NOC deliver on its mandate as the sole administrator of Libyan hydrocarbon resources – both to the global market, and the Libyan people.

Tags: featuredHoustonNOC chairman Mustafa SanallaNOC National Oil Corporationoil productionwells

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

May 18, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

May 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Economy Ministry accredits seven international inspection companies to inspect imports of medicines & medical equipment at ports of origin

May 18, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Numisma Bank pledges to supply record amounts of cash dollars to the Central Bank of Libya in its Second Phase of cash injection to the Libyan market

May 17, 2026
Next Post
Tripoli fighting continues as Serraj diplomatic tour reaches Brussels

Tripoli fighting continues as Serraj diplomatic tour reaches Brussels

LNA military attack on Tripoli is a threat to international peace and security and threatens the stability of Libya: EU Council

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.