No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

CBL deposits LD 4.8 bn into PC/GNA account for Q1 of 2017 ”budget”

bySami Zaptia
January 22, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
CBL deposits LD 4.8 bn into PC/GNA account for Q1 of 2017 ”budget”

The Ministry of Finance confirmed that it had received the Q1 2017 budget allocations from the CBL today (Source: MoF).

By Sami Zaptia.

The Ministry of Finance confirmed that it had received the Q1 2017 budget allocations from the CBL today (Source: MoF).
The Ministry of Finance confirmed that it had received the Q1 2017 budget allocations from the CBL today (Source: MoF).

London, 22 January 2017:

The Presidency Council/Government of National Accord’s Ministry of Finance (MoF) has confirmed to Libya Herald that the Central Bank of Libya (CBL) has indeed deposited the LD 4.8 bn into its treasury account today.

The MoF also confirmed today that PC/GNA Minister of Finance-designate Osama Hamad had issued instructions to all his departments to make disbursements to all relevant state sectors within a period not exceeding a week from today.

Today’s announcement came after the MoF was forced to write a letter last week to the CBL Governor demanding that the CBL releases the LD 4.8 bn agreed in the Temporary Financial Arrangement (budget) to its treasury account immediately.

RELATED POSTS

Taxes can now be paid through e-payments: Finance Ministry

Aldabaiba proposes new Road Map for holding elections, loans and land for youth and money for healthcare for war wounded

The CBL, Audit Bureau, NOC, PC/GNA and international mediators had agreed to LD 37.56 bn budget in December.

The letter had stressed that the requested amount corresponds to the amount agreed upon in the schedule for the first quarter of 2017 which was supposed to have been released into the treasury account by 10 January.

 

 

Q1 2017 budget released to PC/GNA by CBL today In LD billion
Chapter 1 – State salaries 3.5
Chapter 2 – Operation costs 0.45
Chapter 3 – Development/Projects 0.20
Chapter 4 – State subsidies 0.65
Total: 4.8

 

 

The MoF says that the money is needed urgently in order that the MoF can start disbursing obligations and avoid blockages in the first quarter for payment of state-sector salaries, to hospitals, the NOC and other urgent disbursements.

There had been a fear that the CBL, for one reason or another, might not release the agreed money. However, the release of some money by the CBL for the Faiez Serraj PC/GNA should enable the beleaguered internationally-recognized Libyan government to start achieving some traction and results on the ground by solving some of the myriad of problems the country faces.

Tags: 2017 temporary emergency financial arrangements budgetfeaturedPC/GNA MoF Ministry of FinancePC/GNA Presidency Council Government of National Accord

Related Posts

Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Absence of HoR team stymies Libya Dialogue meeting in Tunisia

Sirte university looks to reopen

Sirte university looks to reopen

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.