No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Thinni briefs Maltese Prime Minister on Libyan situation

byMichel Cousins
July 1, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Thinni briefs Maltese Prime Minister on Libyan situation

Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni in Malta being welcomed by Maltese Premier Joseph Muscat (Video grab courtesy of the Times of Malta)

By Libya Herald reporters.

Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni in Malta being welcomed by Maltese Premier Joseph Muscat (Video grab courtesy of the Times of Malta)
Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni in Malta being welcomed by Maltese Premier Joseph Muscat (Video grab courtesy of the Times of Malta)

Malta/Tunis, 1 July 2015:

The Prime Minister, Abdullah Thinni has had talks in Malta with the island’s prime minister . . .[restrict]Joeph Muscat on the situation in Libya. Accompanied on a 24-hour visit by a small ministerial team, Thinni said afterwards at a press conference with Muscat that he hoped the UN-brokered Dialogue negotiations in Morocco would succeed and that an agreement would be signed in Skhirat tomorrow, Thursday, paving the way for a Government of National Accord. “We aspire to realise this agreement,” he said.

He was speaking before it became known that the GNC delegation had announced it would not return to Morocco until next week at the earliest.

Once a government were formed, he said, a main priority would have to be the fight against the Islamic State.

RELATED POSTS

Universal Air starts direct flights between Malta and Tripoli

23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

“Any sane government would fight terror,” he declared, adding that “we have been fighting this for some time.” The battle was of “paramount importance for the safety and stability of Libya and the rest of the world. This is a fight we all must fight together,” he insisted.

The House of Repesentatives and the government had made concessions in the negotiations, he said, “for the higher national interest”.

There were, however, “war mongers” who wanted to prevent a deal, “who are supporting the extremists”. But he was sure that “the wise and kind people of Libya will reach a solution”.

“Every drop of Libyan blood spilt is a huge loss for either side as we are all Libyan,” he said.

The Government of National Accord, once formed, would be based in Tripoli, he said but warned that if it were to be effective and there were to be peace, weapons would have to be handed in. So far in Skhirat that had not been discussed, he said.

The Maltese Prime Minister tweeted afterward that he had “told PM Thini that only feasible way forward for Libya is national reconciliation”. He had also “urged for agreement to be reached earliest”. [/restrict]

Tags: Abdullah ThinnifeaturedJoseph MuscatLibyaMalta

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
GNC not to return to Skhirat for Thursday meeting as Abu Sahmain leads anti-Dialogue protest

GNC not to return to Skhirat for Thursday meeting as Abu Sahmain leads anti-Dialogue protest

New service to Khartoum launched by Libyan Airlines

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.