No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tebu-Tuareg clashes continue in Obari despite mediation attempts

byMichel Cousins
May 24, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Tebu-Tuareg clashes continue in Obari despite mediation attempts

Tuareg fighters in Obari (Photo: Libya Herald source)

By Mustafa Khalifa,

Tuareg fighters in Obari (Photo: Libya Herald source)
Tuareg fighters in Obari (Photo: Libya Herald source)

Ghat, 24 May 2015:

Violent clashes involving heavy weapons have continued throughout the day between Tebu and Tuareg forces just . . .[restrict]outside the south western oasis town of Obari.

A Tuareg source in the town – the scene of ongoing and deadly clashes between the two communities since September – said that the fighting was taking place at the Disi agricultural project, some ten kilometres east of the town, and that Tuareg forces were gaining the upper hand. Tebu fighters had retreated to the northern entrance of the project, he claimed.

Another source in the town said that families in the area had fled for safety to Germa and Ghurayfa further east.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

Violent clashes between the two groups during the past week resulted in 11 people, including civilians, being killed according to sources in Obari Hospital.

There have been numerous attempts to broker a peace in Obari but all have failed. The most recent was attempted last week by the Prime Minister, Abdullah Al-Thinni, in Beida where he had talks with representatives from both sides.

Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni attempts to mediate peace between Tebu and Tuareg in Beida last week (Photo: Libyan government)
Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni attempts to mediate peace between Tebu and Tuareg in Beida last week (Photo: Libyan government)
[/restrict]

Tags: Abdullah Al-ThinnifeaturedLibyaObariTebutuareg

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post

LNA takes more casualties in Leithi and Sabri

Tribal representatives arrive in Cairo for conference despite boycotts

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.