No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Emergency shutdown at giant El Fil field after Zintanis block pipeline

byNigel Ash
October 18, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Jamal Adel.

rp_oil-pump-fil-1024x671.jpg
Beida, 25 April 2015:

The giant El Fil oilfield was subject to . . .[restrict]an emergency shut down today when dangerous pressure built in the system because, unbeknown to the field engineers, the pipeline to Zuwara had been shut down by Zintani members of the Petroleum Facilities Guard.

It has frequently been the case that notice of such blockages has been given to the fields to be affected.  The Tebu PFG commander at El Fil, Hassan Koshiyami, however told the Libya Herald that no such warning was given for the blockage at the Al-Hamada compound. Therefore “extreme and unexpected pressures” had occurred because the engineers had not immediately noticed what was happening.

“The PFG at the Al-Hamada turned off  the taps fully which then forced El Fil to stop production unexpectedly” said Koshiyama, adding that the field manager, Abdulfatah Bani, had confirmed to him that he had not been warned of the pipeline being shut.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

It is not clear why the Zintanis cut the flow from the field, which is in the Murzuq basin, though it seems likely that they wanted to stop crude reaching Dawn-controlled Zuwara. The Zintanis, allied like the Tebu with the government in Beida, control the Al-Wafa field in the Ghadames basin.  Three months ago after a joint Libya Dawn force of Misratan and Tuaregs  seized the Sharara field, Libya’s third-largest, in the Obari basin, the Zintanis cut the pipeline near Reyayna in the Jebel Nafusa, blocking further flows to Libya Dawn-controlled Zawia.

 

LCDF support banner [/restrict]

Tags: El-FilfeaturedLibyashutdownTebuZintani

Related Posts

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments
Business

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

November 29, 2025
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

November 29, 2025
Minister of Industry meets the Committee for Localisation of Oil Materials and Equipment Industry
Business

Industry and Minerals Ministry signs MoU with Hungary’s Rotary International Co. for joint infrastructure investment projects

November 29, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

NOC reviews Poland’s Puna oil company’s 2025-26 exploration plans in the Murzuq Basin

November 29, 2025
LAIP delegation visits Maputo, Mozambique to recover seized rice project
Business

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio holds coordination meeting with Nigerian embassy on Transit Corridors Project

November 28, 2025
Libyan Export Promotion Centre changes to become Libyan Export Development Authority – new logo adopted
Business

Libyan Export Development Authority to launch subsidised direct shipping service to Sub-Saharan African ports

November 28, 2025
Next Post
Robbers dig deep to steal sections of empty gas pipeline

Robbers dig deep to steal sections of empty gas pipeline

Two die trying to steal Sebha power cable

Two die trying to steal Sebha power cable

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.