No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tunisia’s Foreign Ministry to rely on Libyan intermediaries to free Tunisians kidnapped in Libya

byMichel Cousins
December 18, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Houda Mzioudet.

Tunis, 18 December 2014:

The Tunisian government is looking to using influential Libyans to help free journalists Sofiane Chourabi and . . .[restrict]Nadhir Gtari, kidnapped near Ajdabiya at the beginning of September, and Walid Ksiksi, a Tunisians embassy employee abducted in Tripoli six weeks ago.

The Tunisians have said nothing about the latter’s kidnapping until now.

At a meeting on Tuesday of the Tunisian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’s special crisis group headed by Achraf Gouiaa, the undersecretary for Foreign Affairs, participants said that the most effective way to obtain freedom for the three was by collaborating with a number of influential Libyans.

RELATED POSTS

Libya, Algeria and Tunisia agree on further cooperation on land transport

REAoL delegation participates in MeetMED Week 2024 in Tunisia

Speaking on Tunisian Watania 1 TV the same day about efforts to secure their release, Tunisian Foreign Minister Mongi Hamdi said that his ministry was working closely with those of the Interior and National Defence and would keep the public informed of developments but without divulging details of negotiations. Tunisia’s Interior Ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Laroui also said that in view of the sensitivity of the subject, the government could not reveal everything that was being done to ensure the three men’s freedom.

The crisis group is also in charge of security and the political situation on the border with Libya. The recent fighting on the Libya side promoted the Tunisians last week to temporarily stop Tunisians traveling to Libya through the Ras Jedir border post.

At the meeting, the crisis group also renewed its call to members of the Tunisian community in Libya to exercise extreme caution and prudence in their movements. It also called for Tunisians planning to travel to Libya to defer any such plans, except in an emergency.

Attending the meeting were representatives of the Tunisian ministries of the Interior, the National Defence, Justice, Human Rights and Transitional Justice, Transportation and Tunis Air, the national airline company. [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaTunisia

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post

Abu Grain municipality supressed, incorporated into Misrata

Empty Benghazi hospital being looted

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.