No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Prince Mohamed Senussi calls on Libyans to unite

byMichel Cousins
December 26, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Prince Mohamed Senussi calls on Libyans to unite

Prince Mohamed Al

By Libya Herald staff.

Prince Mohamed Al
Prince Mohamed Al-Rida Senussi addressing Libyans on Indenendance Day (Photo: video grab)

26 September 2014:

Prince Mohamed Al-Rida Senussi has called on Libyans to unite and lay personal interests aside in . . .[restrict]favour of national ones.

Speaking publicly for the first time in over three years in a video recording issued on 24 December, the anniversary of Libya’s independence in 1951, the son of the late Crown Prince Hassan also condemned the violence and killings that have marked Libya since the revolution. Libyans had proved in the revolution that they wanted a democratic and free state. Libya had to be a civil democracy, he said. It could not belong to one tribe or town or city.

In a speech heavy on the country’s history, the prince, viewed by many Libyans in favour of restoring the monarchy as the legitimate pretender to the throne, noted that in their struggle against the Italian colonialists, the Senussi forces of resistance leader Omar Mukhtar had never turned their weapons on other Libyans, and the present generation – the “grandsons of Omar Mukhtar” – should not do so either.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The 24th of December was an important date for Libya, he said. Libyans had shown in 1951 that they could work together and produce a constitution that was the basis of the Libyan state. It had been done by people who loved their country. The inference was that it could be done again.

The 52-year-old prince not refer to a possible restoration of the monarchy or to his own position. Although a supporter of the revolution from the outset, he has not spoken publicly since May 2011. He has taken the view that it is up to the Libyan people to decide what political system they want. [/restrict]

Tags: Crown Prince Mohamed Al-RidafeaturedLibya

Related Posts

Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June
Libya

Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

May 15, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

May 12, 2026
Next Post

LFJL launches online constitutional discussion, calls for greater protection for potentially marginalised groups

Aid reaches displaced families

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Economy Ministry accredits seven international inspection companies to inspect imports of medicines & medical equipment at ports of origin

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.