No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Two Egyptians killed in Benghazi as fighting rages across city

byCallum Paton
November 17, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Maha Suliman.

Benghazi, 17 November 2014:

Two Egyptian workers have been killed and four others injured in fighting in . . .[restrict]Hawari as fierce clashes in central Benghazi between the Libyan National Army (LNA) and Benghazi Revolutionaries Shoura Council continue into their second month.

Residents in Hawari told the Libya Herald that the two foreign nationals were killed after an artillery shell hit the bakery where they were working. The bodies of the two men and along with four injured were reportedly taken to Benghazi Medical Centre (BMC).

The residents explained that the nearby Hawari hospital, which would normally have taken in the wounded, was cut-off due to fighting in the area.

RELATED POSTS

Libyan Islamist accused of assassinating four in US Benghazi Consulate in 2012 arrives under arrest in Washington DC

LBC Eastern Branch holds Benghazi Forum

Elsewhere in the city, violence has continued with little respite for some neighbourhoods which have borne the brunt of nearly five weeks of clashes.

Heavy fighting has been reported in Bel Awn.  Mohammed Al-Hejazi, an LNA spokesman, claimed that pro-government forces have Ansar Al-Sharia fighters in the area surrounded. He explained that the majority of residents in the Bel Awn district had evacuated their homes at the request of the army. He added that most of those who remained were supporters of Ansar and its allies.

Clashes have also been reported in Garyounis where 204 Tank Battalion is continuing to battle with BRSC’s 17 February Brigade.

Two members of Saiqa Special Forces were wounded in fighting in Buatni. Fadel Al-Hassi, the commander of Saiqa’s investigations unit, told this newspaper that Saiqa was fighting against Ansar around its main headquarters which it retook last month.

The LNA has continued to carry out airstrikes in a  number of areas. Bombing missions went in over Gwarsha, Al-Helis and Sabri where government forces have been battling for control of Benghazi’s seaport.

Follow Maha Suliman on Twitter: @Mahasye

[/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziclashesLibya

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post

PFG calls off strike, exports resume at Hariga

Hun celebrates 18th annual heritage festival

Hun celebrates 18th annual heritage festival

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.