No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Force Majeure still in operation at Ras Lanuf, Sidra: NOC

byMichel Cousins
July 3, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Hadi Fornaji.

Tripoli, 3 July 2014:

Despite yesterday’s handover of the Ras Lanuf and Sidra oil terminals by Ibrahim Jadhran to the . . .[restrict]government, the terminals are still not open. The National Oil Corporation has not lifted its declaration of force majeure at the two, NOC Spokesman Mohammed Al-Harrari told the Libya Herald today.

Until the declaration is lifted, no tankers can dock at the terminals and no oil be lifted.

Force majeure was declared in respect of the two terminals, as well as of Zueitina and Brega, on 18 August last year, shortly after Jedhran closed them.  The declaration in respect of Brega was lifted ten days later, and it has been operating ever since.

RELATED POSTS

Ras Lanuf successfully restarts second polyethylene production‎ line – after a 12-year stoppage

Ras Lanuf signs contract with Slovakian Hydromtazah for maintenance of concrete foundations and steel structures at seawater outlet

In the case of Zueitina, which was handed back to government control at the beginning of April, it was a further three weeks before the declaration was lifted.

It was just a few days later that a first tanker arrived to take on oil there but there have been no others since. Technical problems dating back to the revolution have kept it shut.

Meanwhile members of the Petroleum Facilities Guard (PFG) belonging to the Zwai tribe have today said that they will close oilfields at Jalu and Jakharra in protest at the deal done with Jadhran and the handover. They say they oppose to any dealings with him. The real reason, however, is said to be that his PFG forces have received money from the government and they have not.

The fields are thought to be Wintershall’s Nafura C96 concession at Jakhira and the nearby concession in the Amal field held by Harouge Oil, both of which are guarded by Zwai PFG. Neither have been in production because of the closure of the two terminals.

  [/restrict]

Tags: HarougeIbrahim JadhranJakhiraJaluLibyaRas LanufSidraWintershallZwai

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Numisma Bank pledges to supply record amounts of cash dollars to the Central Bank of Libya in its Second Phase of cash injection to the Libyan market

May 17, 2026
First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges
Business

First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

May 17, 2026
Sebha airport closed for urgent runway maintenance until end of April
Business

Sebha’s newly developed airport inaugurated during a lavish ceremony

May 17, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

May 16, 2026
Next Post

ELECTION 2014: HNEC cancels election results from 23 polling stations

Libyan street theatre wows London audience

Libyan street theatre wows London audience

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.